1.02 The Pub

"I am telling you, it will be fine" I said to Fagin for what feels like the hundredth time. "And I am telling you, Jack will have my hands when he sees I have brought you" he hissed back. I rolled my eyes lightly at him. "So tell him I followed you" I replied. I looked around and observed all of the people around. Most were drinking, all were talking amongst themselves.

I walked to lean on the wall. My observations never stopped. The people hear are kind of crazy. Well, perhaps they aren't crazy, but lively in more then one way. I should never have come here, but it is too late now. After giving him the money, I stayed close while he did his thing before making me drag me along. I had time to check on the patients, but I forced him to bring me. I'm not proud of it, but I threatened to have Fagin thrown in jail if he didn't bring me to help Jack. Not all too sure of what I can do to help him, but I want to be able to help Jack.  "Nice." I heard Jack say. My head snapped to where he and Fagin stood. I never even saw him walk in. "Now, as long as we move quickly and he doesn't notice-" he began but paused. He seemed to be looking at the money rolls closer. "Wait, Fagin, is this real?" Jack asked.

The older man nodded. "Where'd you get it?" Jack asked. "From me" I said as I moved to stand next to him. "Kim? What the bloody hell are you doing here?" he hissed. Jack instantly wrapped his arm around my waist. His hand was resting on my far hip. I didn't miss the glance he took around the room, almost like he was trying to observe the area. He looks at it like it's the first time he's been here and he wants to keep watch of where things and people are -- it's the same look my brother in law gets in new places so I'm all too familiar with it. "I came to watch you play" I shrugged. "How did you even-" he began but stopped as I looked to Fagin.

Jack turned and narrowed his eyes at Fagin. "Have you met the girl? She is terrifying" the older man said. Jack let out a huff. "Yeah, I've met her" he mumbled. He speaks as if he knows what what Fagin means. Although I swear I have been nothing but sweet to him, I'm just very persistent and stubborn. Jack pulled me closer to him and kissed my head. "You should go to the hospital" he said quietly. I smiled at the fact that he said to go to the hospital and not to go home. I looked up at him. "No, I'm going to stay" I said softly. His face twitched lightly in anger. "Fine. But you stay quiet and don't aggravate them, darling" he said. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you" I whispered, ignoring what he called me. I truly can't even remember if he's called me it before, but the way it makes me feel now is something new.  My stomach did flips. I could live the rest of my life happily if he only ever calls me that.

Jack began to led me to the back where Darius is. "You were shocked that it was real money. Was it supposed to be fake?" I asked quietly. Jack squeezed my hip lightly. "I will explain it to you, just... not here" he said, taking a glance around the room. I nodded lightly. "Remember what I told you" he whispered. Cold air replaced where his arm was warming me when he dropped it.

"Well, well, well. Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. Jack Dawkins." Darius called out in some form of introduction. He had gained the attention from all of those around him. "The money or the hand, that's his choice. You know, Aputi here brought his axe along. It's a little bit blunt. But it should do the job. Few whacks, I suppose" he dragged on. I scrunched my face. That just sounds brutal. Fagin pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. I was put behind Jack. I suppose that was on purpose. I am not sure how well that will last, he didn't take into account that Jack could move at any second. In fact, he is supposed to sit to play the game, so he will be moving it's just a matter of when.

Jack pulled one of the money rolls from his pocket. I never even noticed he placed it in there to begin with. "Your shigs." he said as he placed the roll onto the table, a loud audible bang coming from it. "I take it that's the money in full?" Darius asked. I never realized how greasy and disgusting he is. I always knew he was a gross pig but I never really noticed the other things about him. I try to avoid him, especially since I became of marrying age. He has a wife, but he has tried for both mine and Belle's hand. I'm not sure how that is supposed to work, but I do not care nor will I be finding out.