1.02 The Hospital

My breathing began to labor -- becoming harder and harder to control as the seconds continued. My back arched as a mix of excitement and pleasure filled my body. My body shot full of electricity, striking outward from his calloused hands. Excitement growing more and more as his hands roamed my body, leaving a tingling heat in its path. His tongue trailed along the inside of my thigh before trailing up my stomach, the valley of my breasts, and inevitably my neck.

I could feel his hard length poking at my soaked entrances, pleading for permission. My legs instinctively wrap around his waist, pulling him closer to me -- pushing his tip in. My hands ran up his back, coming to grab into his hair. Slowly my grip on his hair tightens as he continues to push his length in. He stopped his kisses on my neck pulling back to look me in the eyes. His sandy blonde hair a mess from my own doing, his rich dark eyes seemingly darker with list. Jack's face twisted in pleasure as he finally entered me fully. "God darling" he whispered, pleasure threaded through every ounce.

I shot up, breathing heavily. What the bloody hell was that? A dream. It was just a dream. It was such a realistic dream. I could feel his touch on my body, every inch his hands went on my body I could feel for real. But I was sleeping. Oh well, I can't do anything about it, I guess. I propped myself up on my left arm before rubbing my face with my right hand. I then ran my fingers through my hair. I should take a bath before having my hair done -- it is incredibly sweaty. I must have over heated more then I thought.

I threw the blankets off. I moved to the edge of the bed, pushing myself to stand and letting my feet hit the floor. A shiver ran up my spine at how chilled the floor is. I straitened up before walking away from the bed. I moved to my in suite bathroom, going towards the tub. I pulled the string on the wall that is connected to a bell in my maid's -- Charlotte -- room. It took three minutes before she walked in. "Did you wish to get ready, m'lady?" she asked. "You didn't have to rush" I teased as she breathed heavily.

I watched as a blush dusted her cheeks. "Y-you rang m'lady" she argued politely. I just nodded, knowing that she would only be kind and say she had to come. "Yes, I would like to take a warm bath before I get ready" I told her. She nodded. "I'll get help and get the water now" she said before rushing off.

I moved back into my room before she came back. Began to busy myself with more medical journals. I just thumbed through the pages as the maids came in and out with my water. It didn't take them long to fill the tub. "Lady Kimberley" Charlotte said, gaining my attention. "Hmm?" I asked as I looked at her. "Your bath is ready" she said.

"Oh, thank you" I said. I walked into the bathroom and moved to stand next to the tub. Charlotte moved behind me and helped me undress. "Would you like the braid crown?" she asked. "Yes, and a bun. I want my hair fully up today" I told her. I stepped into the tub before sitting. "If we do it while your hair is still wet we can set it to become curly after fully drying" she said. I smiled. "Yes, lets do that" I told her.  She laughed lightly. "Alright, m'lady. Ring me when you're done" she said before walking out.

It was an hour before I was dressed and ready. After I got out of the tub, I put on a robe and rang for Charlotte. I moved to sit at my vanity that was tucked on the side of the bathroom. Charlotte came in and instantly began to put my hair up. It took her 30 minutes to complete. I honestly thought it would take longer. Once she was done I dismissed her.

I moved to my room and did a quick listen of my heart. I honestly don't know what is wrong. Nothing seems right. It is almost like a murmur. When Jack listened the other day, he was too low. He likely heard it, but it had to of been softer -- he was in the wrong place.

Then, I dressed in a riding outfit. I wish to go to the hospital, begin my training that Jack is no doubt going to try and fight against. But I have to try, and he more or less made a deal. And I do indeed intend to claim the reward. This riding outfit is kaki pants and a nice blue jacket, obviously with garments and such underneath.

I left my room the moment I was done and ready. I did my best to avoid my mother. If she sees me trying to leave, I don't even want to think about what she will say because of Smales still being here. He is so bloody insufferable. I need to get out of this house.

I smiled at the carriage driver. "To the hospital please" I said as I stepped in. He closed the door before he got into place. Thankfully he was quick to take off. The ride to town was boring as per usual, so I just starred out at the passing scenery.

I walked into the hospital and was instantly shocked. It is so quiet. There is nothing happening and there are no people around. I just looked around. Maybe one day I could actually work here with Jack, and unfortunately Rainsford. I have a feeling that ass is going to be here for as long as he lives.

I turned to go down the left hall. "Oh! Uh-" I heard a woman. I stopped walking and turned to see whom I can only assume is a nurse. She is slightly darkened skin, a black dress and a white apron with a bonnet over her hair. She did a light curtsy with a nod of her head once she saw who I was. Sometimes, I just wish people would treat me like a normal person.

However, that day will likely not be today. It will likely be there the rest of my life -- no normal person for me. Surgery, that is what I am here for. "Uh, where is the operating theatre?" I asked with a small smile. She gave a brief smile before pointing to her right. I followed her finger to the double doors at her right. They were directly across from the entry way. Who would have guessed? Certainly not me. Who knows where I was going.

I turned and walked to where she pointed. "I- uh. There is no one in there" the woman said. "And women aren't allowed ma'am" she added quickly. I opened the doors before turning to look at her. "That's a bloody lie, I know for a fact you have been in here. And I don't care" I said before giving another smile. I closed the doors, separating us.

I turned around to see I was at the top of the theater seats. Well, they're not seats because in this theatre you stand. But still, this is where the audience stays.

I walked down the rows, sitting on the very bottom row. I dangled my feet as I took a second to look around. This place is miraculous. I have never seen the inside of an operating theatre before. I slid down and lowered myself to where the operations actually happen.

Slowly, I moved to stand at the foot of the table. I looked over the room again. I never thought I could actually stand on this side of the room either. I know that I kind of broke in to this position, but never the less. I didn't think it would happen. No matter how hard I fight, I will likely die before I operate on my on. If I don't figure out the enigma that is my disease, or illness at the very least, then I will be lucky if I can convince Jack to go forward with using the ether to continue experimenting with surgery before I die.

I took a deep breath as I look around. I stared into the stands. I can almost hear the chants of a crowd telling me to cut. I smiled lightly, placing my hands on the table. This place is... magnificent.

A throat cleared. "Yes?" I asked as I turned. It was the nurse from before. "Ma'am, what are you doing in here. I told you women aren't allowed" she said. "Yes, well..." I began but stopped. I do not know her name. "Hetty" she replied. "Well, Hetty, I made a deal with Jack. I am here to learn" I said. Her eyes widened. "Oh" she said softly. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She seems hurt. Or upset even? Oh my god. Are they involved?

"Let me take you to him" she said. She led me to the side of the theater, to a door that was hidden incredibly well within the bottom of the stands. She knocked and the conversation behind it ended. The door opened. All Hetty did was look at me before walking away. I smiled as I moved to take her place.

"Just when you think your day's reached its full potential." Jack mumbled. He threw his head back and took a deep breathe. From the way his lip is moving I could tell that he was licking the inside of it. Do I irritate him that much? Too bad if I do, I saved his bloody ass,  he made a deal. However, I can't stop myself from thinking, if I actually do this to him. My dreams last night, they relive in every waking second as I stare at him. Maybe one day it could happen? No. He's nothing more than the Doctor who is going to train me, and I am a lady who is going to die before marriage. "Care for an orange, my dear?" Fagin asked. I raised an eyebrow at him. I looked down to see a half peeled orange in his hand. His nasty man hands. "I've only learned through trial and error that they display more sweetness with the skin off." I looked at him confused. He eats the rine? Who on earth is this man? "I've come here to train." I said. Jack's head instantly dropped.