✰ | 𝒜𝓀𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉, 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Beginne am Anfang

after adjusting to my surroundings, i put the backpack back over my shoulder and continued walking, my thoughts being the only form of entertainment. 

as i walked, i walked past rivers, lakes, and ponds, hoping to find any kind of population. i continued walking for hours, again. the sun set, and the deer was still following me. as i thought of giving up, i saw a light in the distance. i gasped, a gasp of relief.

i started to run, running towards the light, and as i got closer, i saw it was a lamp post. a lamp post? a lamp post! a village, or even a kingdom must be nearby! 

the deer was still beside me, following me everywhere. i continued running, running to the next lamp post. i followed the trail of lamp posts, covering my wings with my backpack, and putting my halo around my wrist, i took a thin blanket out of the backpack, and used it to help cover my wings, hair, and ears. 

as i kept and kept walking, i got tired, and needed to take a break to sleep.

i went over to a tree that was decently close to a lamp post, sitting opposite of the lamp post so people could not easily see me. the deer followed, sitting by my feet again, as we feel asleep together.

the next morning, when i woke up, sun glared into my eyes, not burning them as much as they did the first morning. i stood up, taking the backpack off and taking out some bread, breaking a piece off for the deer.

i should name the deer. but what gender is it? i will assume a female? maybe i should just give it a unisex name? i thought to myself. 

"how about... Akoya? yeah, i like that name. Akoya." i spoke out loud, then ate my bread. after eating my bread, i spoke again "how do you feel about Akoya?" i asked the deer, bushing my hand against the top of its head, not that i expected a response.

as i expected, no response. the deer didnt do anything. so i just decided to name it Akoya.

i started again with my walking, going towards what i expected to be a village, and maybe even a kingdom. my hopes were up high, hopping that i would be anywhere with other population. i made sure the blanket covered my wings, and my hair. 

as i walked, i noticed a group of 3 people walking along the dirt path where the lamp posts were. i positioned my head to look more down, so they couldnt see my face. i probably looked weird with Ayoka following me.

the 3 people looked human, but they had certain features that made me certain that they were wizards and witches. 2 females and 1 male. as they walked, they looked at me, staring. though they couldnt see my face, they were probably suspicious about me. they didnt say anything or do anything, we just walked past each other.

after they were out of sight, i sighed a breath of relief. since there are people out here, there must be a village or even the Wizard kingdom nearby. i am relieved. i will finally be able to see people after those long two days of walking. 

my legs hurt, and my eyes are tired. i want to sleep, but i cant at the same time. i continued walking and i eventually saw very tall gates and guards posted outside of them. people were everywhere. wizards, witches, and black cats everywhere.

i walked towards the gates, some people looking at me, then returning to what they were doing. i walked up to one of the guards. "excuse me, where am i?" i politely asked the guard, trying my best to seem innocent and not like a threat.

the guard looked me up and down before speaking. "these are the stone gates of the Wizard kingdom. you are not allowed to enter without an adventurer license." his accent was thick French. the guard looked at the deer following me.

"yes, of course. thank you." i nodded. "if i may ask, could i get a map of the kingdom?" i showed him my Adventurer id, hoping it was the right thing.

the guard looks at the card, his eyes widening as he sees the title of the card. "a warier and mage?" the guard questioned suspiciously. "you are 1199 years old, yet you are a mixed breed? and you are a royale? hmm..." the guard seemed skeptical. then he yelled something at the guard on the other side of the gate, but in a different language, so i couldnt understand what he said.

the other guard walked over and looked at my card. his jaw dropped and talked to the guard in the language i didnt understand. the only words i could make out were, 'warier', 'mage', and 'girl'.

after their conversation, the first guard spoke to me. "alright, little lady, you are allowed entree to the Wizard kingdom. and out of generosity for your royale status, we will assign you a guard during your visit here." 

"oh, thank you, i really appreciate that." i bow my head out of gratitude. 

"wait here for a while, as we get your guard." the first guard looks at the second guard and says something with the name, 'Chikao Asano'. the second guard goes running off.

i nod, looking down at the Ayoka. maybe i can find someone to make you a demi-human, or someone to transfer your soul into a humans body? no, that would turn you into a corpse. i thought

i waited for a while, sitting down against the stone wall. Ayoka sat down next to me. Ayoka was smaller than me, but probably the same age. 

after a while, the second guard comes back with another boy. and... oh boy, was he cute.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this chapter turned out better than the last one. thank you for your support. i hope you are enjoying the book so far :)