Jimin's Favorite UC Dog

Start from the beginning

Place: The Lodge, New Atlantis

☆☆☆

Y/n

"There's my favorite UC dog."

The male voice caused Y/n to snap her head around. She was scrolling through all available public data on Park Jimin, but it seemed the universe had other plans and wanted her to talk to the real deal. Only one problem: Jimin was drunk and different.

He had a blazer on with no shirt underneath. His hair was frizzy but longer with silver highlights. The rest of his body matched the silver theme, and he wore jewelry like rings, earrings, and body chains to help him stand out. His white eyeliner glimmered, and Y/n couldn't take her eyes off it.

Jimin giggled and made his way through his ship. Neither of them were used to it. Despite how many vessels Y/n had served on, she struggled with learning new layouts. Ships tended to be too complicated in terms of interior design. Instead of having simplistic, minimalistic styles, they had narrow, winding corridors that led to a million ladders.

The ship SysDef had gifted Jimin was at least three times the size of Y/n's. For one, it had a bridge. Currently, Jimin and Y/n were on the bridge. It was littered with fuel cannisters and tables that were bolted to the floor. There was a mini research station, that was really just a computer and a chair, near the doorway that led to the residential part of the ship. They could hold up to seven crew members, but there was more than enough space to add beds if they wanted to.

Jimin stumbled his way over to her and sat on the empty chair across from her. Light shined on his upper body, and she averted her eyes from his exposed chest. It made her uncomfortable to see so much skin, let alone the skin of someone she barely knew, and quite frankly, didn't like. As much as he had his charms, he was arrogant and a criminal. Morally, she couldn't support him. It went against everything she believed.

"I..." Jimin paused to burp. "Think the Fleet likes me."

She winced when the overwhelming scent of beer hit her nose. She pinched it shut, but as she moved, she got a closer glimpse at his lips. They were swollen and had pink gloss thrown around them. It wasn't organized. It was as if...

Her eyes jumped. "What did they make you do?"

"You can't tell by the outfit?" Jimin asked with a snort that sounded like a dry heave. He whacked his chest a few times to force a cough out of him. "Stripping."

Y/n almost barfed at the thought. "They made you strip? What is wrong with them?"

"Are you kidding? This was the best night ever!" Jimin clapped his hands together and showed her a toothy grin that crinkled his eyes. "I got free drinks and had some fun."

"Ew, I don't need the details."

"Oh relax, I don't mean that kind of fun," Jimin said with a hand wave. He blew a raspberry before continuing. "Kissing and fucking are two different things, Captain."

That explained the lip gloss smeared all over his face.

"You need to sober up and shower, we're going back to New Atlantis in an hour," Y/n said, and Jimin rolled his eyes.

"New Atlantis has a fifty-hour day-night cycle. Neon has a twenty-five day-night cycle. Calm down, I have time."

"Do you want to be late for your first Constellation meeting?"

"Y/n, darling," Jimin said, exaggerating the words and waving his hand as if to brush her concerns off. "I'm always late."

Y/n narrowed her eyes. "Go shower."