𝟤.𝟢𝟫: 𝒜 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎

Start from the beginning

I looked around some more until I almost stepped in a barbaloot's foot. "Oh g-god!! I'm so so sorry" The barbaloot looks confused. I backed away in panic, hitting the cupboards. I almost fell to the ground until I felt a hand on my hips. "Whoops, you almost fell there." Kristel sighs. She was holding me as if we were in tango. I blushed furiously, though she seemed oblivious. "Be careful next time." She stood me up as I stared at her with complete awe. 

She looked at the clock, "Hey, aren't you on schedule today." I snapped out of my trance and I sweat. "O-Oh god, I'm going to be late!" I shiver. Kristel and Lorax looked at each other, and then she looked back to me, "We might know a shortcut."

"Is this safe?"

"Trust me. It is. Lorax has gone here so many times now." She shrugged. "This is his route to go to Once-Ler's office." The alleyway had the sight of the truffula forest. "God, it's really that bad, isn't it." I looked at the Lorax, "I'm sorry. I didn't k-knew. I mean, I did know, but I never really knew it was that bad for you and the little critters!" I fumbled around.

Lorax gave me a forgiving style, "It's okay, at least we not have chance to save the forest." We continued to walk onto the dirty alleyway. The sticky floor makes the walk agonizing. "H-how are you both okay with this?" Kristel shrugged, "As an investigative journalist, you just have to take risks." 

I covered my nose, trying to distract myself from the stench. "We're here." Lorax said. Lorax hit a broken vent, which made it open by itself. "Well, off I go." He crawled inside the vent, "Don't mess this up." He pointed at me. Then in one swift and the struggle to get inside, he was gone.

Kristel opened the door for me, "Here, Rose." I got inside the factory. "I-I... You don't know how much you mean to me." Kristel chuckled, "Well, I'm flattered."

˚┊❛ Third Person POV❜┊˚

"Where have you been?"

Once-Ler asked with a hint of disappointment and anger in his voice." I gulped, "Nothing m-much Sir. There was just traffic and-" He looked at me intently, "Really? Then could you explain why your car isn't in your designated parking spot?"

"And why have you been so quiet whenever I called." He was suspicious of his secretary. He just knew that something is not right. "Sir, It's just-" She was stopped until her boss said: "And why was there orange fur in your skirt."

Then in unexpected turns, they heard footsteps. The unknown man slammed his office door open. 

"Sir." The detective came in into Once-Ler's office. "I finally found the culprit Sir." He gave Once-Ler pictures and CCTV evidence. It looked like Kristel, his best friend. Once-Ler looks at the detective with a defeated look. "No..." Then he saw a picture of Ms. Anderson in the mall with Kristel and The Lorax.

The Once-Ler was in shock, how could his best friend do this to him. After everything they've been through. After that kiss. "How could she! T-that-" He sighs in anger and defeat. "No." He spoke in denial. "I can't hurt my friend, she's all I had before this! Before everything." He looks at his secretary with malice intent. "But you.."

"You really dare to oppose me?! My own trusted secretary!" He laughed manically. He was in so much anger, he couldn't help but laugh. "HA! I can't believe this!" After a while, he stopped laughing. Then he said, with a tint of dread in his eyes, "Pack your things. You're fired."

Ms. Anderson looks devastated, but accepted it. "Get out of my face." Once-Ler looked down onto his desk. His hands were shivering onto the table. She left crying out of his office. "What are you going to do now, Sir." The detective asked Once-Ler.

The Lorax, who saw everything up high, answered unintentionally. "I have to call Kris."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘