𝟤.𝟢𝟧: 𝑀𝓈. 𝒜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The Once-ler's secretary was baffled. She was in her house bedroom, thinking about the interaction in the mall. She couldn't believe it. The Lorax, who interacts most of the time with the Once-ler, is with the new girl. She wasn't even an employee, Kristel was just... there.

And her knowing that she, of all people, gained the trust of the Once-Ler. Knows, and even TALKS to the Lorax. Her head was spiraling with confusion. Does she tell his boss, or does she keep quiet? What can she do with this information?! She's scared, and rightfully so. Her boss might say that she's lying and cut her salary, maybe even fire her. And this job is all she has.

She's stunned by the fear of the consequences of their interaction. And well, who wouldn't? Her life was at the hands of a powerful man. And being the most trusted employee, she lives with the information that even the higher-ups don't know. She goes to work, pale and fearful. She knocks on the door.

˚┊❛ Once-Ler's POV❜┊˚

I greeted one of my trusted employees, my secretary. I never really knew anyone's names in this company. But why do I need to know? I'm famous! Everyone is below my viewpoint. But for her dedication, I might as well ask her name.

But I thought about it for a bit. It would be awkward, wouldn't it? My secretary has been my employee for a year and a half. And I don't know her name. EEH, I could probably find it in my old file case.

 I grab my keys to my file desk, bending down to the floor just to open the top cabinet. (The Once-Ler is 5'11. Tall, but not tall enough 😈😈😈) Then I started trying to find her name. I read the employment documents before me. Mr. Jayson, the advertising manager. Mrs. Jay, the faithful wife of sed advertising manager. Ms. Norma... Mr. Antony... Blah, blah, blah, blah, blahhhhhh.

 As I continued to read all the boring files, I still couldn't find my secretary's document. Ugh, I'm getting impatient. I bang my head softly on the wood of the desk, trying not to hurt myself as I whine in annoyance. Why haven't I organized the files? Then I retract my thoughts, Why hasn't she organized the files!? She's my secretary for god's sake.

 Then I heard a knock on the door. "Mr. Once-Ler... Are you okay? I heard a bunch of noise... Concerning noise..." My secretary said softly. "Yes, yes, I'm fine." I made a forceful smile. I looked at the door and saw my secretary. She looks a bit pale, but she's always so shy. I shrugged, typical secretary. 

"You're a bit late." I sighed, "I didn't know you could do that." I laughed. She laughs back, nervously as she fiddles with her fingers. "Sir, may I ask you a question-" She asked, but before I could answer. I said in a fast tone, "No time! Time is money and money is the source of my mother's happiness. Now will you help me clean up this mess." She looks at me with a surprised face. "What..?" I looked away for a bit, "Don't ask about the mom part." I sighed.