𝟣.𝟢𝟧: 𝒰𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝑅𝑒𝓊𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓃

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

After a few weeks, Thneedville became a gossip town. Everyone was talking about the new article, and The Once-Ler sure noticed. He would eavesdrop on these conversations.

"I can't believe this guy! He's such a cold man, he would let an animal die for a Thneed!" The first guy said, the other replied "Yeah, but is it reliable news? The author is anonymous for Pete's sake" Another defended "But you know, The Once-Ler is a powerful man. If he knew who this journalist was, they'd be good as gone" The first person sighed "Plus, they have photo evidence! Imagine that, photo evidence!" The second scoffed "You two do you, I'm just saying it might not be true, y'know." The three continue walking as they talk, they are too far for the Onceler to hear.

The Once-Ler sighed and walked on the sidewalk. This journalist somehow had vital information, and he can't have that. He doesn't want his business to shut down, what will his mom think of him?! The people around him stare and then whisper.

"Do you think he's a bad guy?" A lady whispered, "He doesn't look like the type to..." another sighed. On the other side, there was outrage, against or in favor of the article. "These greedy corporations, have no touch in reality." "Yeah, but they provide us with what we need!" "Yeah, but-!" Then the two started to argue.

This reporter needs to stop. He needs them to stop. But how? He doesn't even know who this man is! For all he knows it could be one of his employees...

That's it! Employees! There's a traitor! How else will they have top-secret information? He called his private limousines. He's going to his office and he's going to find that traitor, his business depends on it. His limo arrived after a few minutes.

˚┊❛ Once-Ler's POV❜┊˚

I was greeted by my secretary. "The press is waiting for you, Sir" I nodded once to her. I entered the Limo, and my secretary entered next. I was frustrated, so my secretary took notice. "Are you ok, Sir" "Yes, yes I am" I sighed.

We got to my office. The press was all around us. My secretary opened the door, and I was instantly greeted by the press. "Sir! What do you think of the new journalist in town?" "Mister Once-Ler! What do you think of the exposè lying around?"

"Mister Once-Ler!"

I clenched my teeth

"Sir, What do you think of-"

My secretary leads us to the front door