𝟤.𝟢𝟤: 𝐻𝒾𝓈 𝑔𝓊𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓇

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Kristel and The Once-Ler have been catching up with each other for weeks. Going to movies, eating at bakeries, drinking in cafes, anything they could do at a best friend reunion. Though much to the Once-Ler's dismay, Kristel doesn't allow him to go inside her apartment. He tried and tried to convince her, but she wouldn't budge. So he gave up after days of being a tease.

Today, Kris and the Once-Ler are planning to hang out in his room. His room was big, filled with self-portraits and paintings. She suspects that some of the paintings were made by him. 'He's talented like that', she thought.

˚┊❛ Kristel's POV❜┊˚

"Well, this is my room. Pretty cramped if you asked me." He sighed. I raised an eyebrow. If he thinks of this as cramped, then not even space can satisfy him. "Really?" I asked. "Well, I need to place all my millions of chains." He whined. "Is that why you always have a strain?" I joked. The Onceler cracks his back in response. "Look, I have a crack on my back and possibly a broken neck but that doesn't mean I can't look cool in response." He pointed at her and frowned. "You just gotta fight the system, y'know." He shrugged "The skeletal system." I chuckled at his terrible pun.

I looked around his enormous room once more. It was neat, like the usual bedroom he had. Though, there's no sign of his guitar. Had he given up as I did years ago? I made duck lips as a reply to my thoughts.

You know where there's a comfortable silence between two friends? Thankfully that happened to us, or at least to me, this is comfortable. Just him and I, I and him. I was sitting on my bed, relaxing with my arms on the rear of my head.

Then I saw him grabbing something from his wardrobe. I was curious, so I leaned into the side. He grabbed something of a V shape on the end and strings attached to its neck. It was a... Guitar!

A V-shaped electric guitar is an interesting choice, per se. But not surprising considering his choice of guitars. Years ago, when we were still in school, he would play his acoustic guitar while sitting on the rails. I would sit next to him as he played for me. It was surprising, this man was bullied all his life, even with his talents.

Then the Once-ler switched his acoustic with an electronic guitar. It was something he was proud of, especially because he worked and saved that hard-earned money.

And well... his new electric guitar is... red... and has gold flakes and such...

He sat down next to me. "Look at this baby." He spins his guitar around. "Wanna hear it sing?" He looks at me and smiles. He seems willing to play with me, excited even. I chuckled, "Sure, why not?" I smiled. I lean closer, placing my hands on his lap. "What can you play?" He seemed happy that someone asked him about his interest, even if it was me, a childhood friend.