𝟤.𝟢𝟣: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒-𝐿𝑒𝓇'𝓈 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓎

(Author's note: Finally finished chapter one, 4 more chapters to go lmao)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The Once-Ler's secretary noticed something different about the Once-Ler. He's not as strict as before, being carefree and having office parties for his fellow employees. Why? The secretary suspects it is because of someone he met weeks ago. She knew that the Once-Ler is a sucker for relationships, whether romantic or platonic. But she had never expected that he would be head-over-heels for a person he met weeks ago.

The girl in question, Kristel. She doesn't know why, but there's something suspicious with Kris. The secretary feels like she's watching her whenever she's close to him. No, she feels like Kris is examining everything. It's like she's trying to find something, but what?

She questions how, how the Once-Ler found this connection with this woman in the span of a few weeks. The secretary knows at least a little bit about the Once-Ler. She has been working with him for a whole year. So, she knows that the Once-Ler isn't quick on going into relationships. Yes, he is a flirt, but he sees them as flings. It was questionable. Was he just acting? Did he have an emotional bond with Kristel? She was overthinking. Why? What? How?

Maybe that or the Once-Ler's secretary was getting paranoid. "I think I need more coffee." She thought to herself. She went to the break room and opened the cupboards. She grabbed a sack of coffee beans and placed it into the coffee maker. She was alone with her thoughts again. "Kristel... Who is this woman?" She thinks to herself.

Her line of thought was stopped when her boss came to the break room. "Ah! Dearest secretary! Hey, how are you? Doing great, like usual?" Before she could speak, the Once-Ler noticed the coffee pot filled with coffee. "You always seem to know what I like, darling." He chuckled. He grabbed a mug on one of the cupboards and started pouring in coffee.

She felt very uncomfortable. It felt unreal that her boss was showing a more bubbly and carefree self. She grabbed a cup and poured coffee as well. They both drink their coffee uncomfortably, but it seems that the Once-Ler is enjoying her company.

After taking a sip of his coffee, he said "So... Is there anything I need to attend to this week?" The Once-Ler's secretary flinched as he distracted her line of thought once again. "Uh... No, not really." The Once-Ler smiled in excitement, "Good, good!" He uttered joyfully.

What's so special about this week? She asked herself. She didn't want to ask, because it might make him mad. 

He gave her the empty coffee cup. "Tell everyone that I'm not available tomorrow." He was about to leave, but before that he said. "I have some business to attend to." He made a warm smile. 

She was now alone in the lounge. Maybe this is a good thing? Maybe this woman was a miracle for her and his employees. She sighs, maybe she should let the subject go. 

So, his secretary smiled. She placed the two empty mugs on the sink. Whoever Kristel is to him, she's grateful that she came into his life. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

(Author's note: This is the shortest chapter I wrote, going short on 539 words in total! Also, take this fic as a slow burn! I think you can tell it is, but I still want to point it out)