Donnie Bonding Time

You were told to play with your brothers while Splinter meditated for a bit to get his mind off of things going on. You didn't know what he was so stressed over, but reading the room you left and went to find your brothers. Your little feet pounded the ground as you went to Raphs room first, peeking in to see him playing with some action figures. "Raph can I play too?" You asked and he gasped turning his shell to you, throwing a pillow in your direction.

"Out!!" He exclaimed and you frowned before trying to find Leo next. Surely he would have time to play. But when you walked into the living room area to see him practicing his katas you sighed knowing mot to bother him when he's training. Looking around you could see Mikey also enjoying himself and playing a machine game Splinter found for all of you, and you found those kind of boring.

Hearing an explosion in the lab, your curiosity peaked as you went inside and peeked your head in to see Donnie covered in all black on his face, using a wipe to get all the explosion powder off.

"Whatcha making D?" you asked sweetly and curiously, causing him to blink and look over in panic, only to sigh seeing it was you. "Oh hey sissy, I'm just trying to make these phones... I accidentally poured a chemical on one, and it exploded.... of course." He grumbled and you tilted your head. "Phones? Like daddy's cheese phone?" You asked making him laugh.

"Yeah like daddy's cheese phone. I haven't perfected it yet though... I don't know it might be a few years before I do." He muttered in disappointment and a few tears went down his cheeks, causing you to frown. You grinned giving him a hug, which he returned back giving a small smile. "You'll get it Donnie you've made a lot of cool stuff none of us can. I know you can do it. If anyone can, it's you." You said causing him to grin showing his tooth gap.

"Thanks (Y/N)... why don't you help me out with this other project I've been working on? I'm analyzing sewer water. But you can help me do some things." He offered and you nodded jumping up and down.

"Yes please!! I would love to help!" You exclaimed excitedly causing him to chuckle. "Just listen to everything I say to tell you to do okay? We don't need an explosion." He stated causing you to giggle.

"Another explosion you mean?" You asked with a mischievous grin, and he rolled his eyes. "Haha, very funny. Now come on let's get to work." He said happily, helping you on a chair so you could sit up high at his desk.

It had been a few hours, and things were going smoothly. He had you pouring the sewer water into a canister, and you had to do it slowly. You couldn't spill a single drop. Otherwise, it would get on the circuit board underneath that Donnie was working on for the phones, and well, Donnie accidentally bumped his elbow into your arm, which made you gasp as you were pouring the water into the canister.

It fell onto the circuit board and it started to smoke. "Sewer Apples." Donnie grumbled before grabbing you and falling to the floor before an explosion happened, and Leo and Splinter ran in seeing you and Donnie on the floor with black all over your faces, smiling sheepishly up at them.

"Maybe that's enough meditating for one day." Splinter said smiling as he helped you two up and Leo got the fire extinguisher. "Come you need a bath." He told you, picking you up which made you giggle.

"Okay daddy.. Bye D, good luck with your project!" You exclaimed causing your brother to grin again. "She's our little sister huh?" He asked Leo who grinned watching Splinter carry you to the bathroom. 

"Yeah she is."