Training

Y/N POV

  "No (Y/N), you can't train with us. Now stop asking." Raph grumbled, annoyed by his little sister bugging him so much. You huffed and stomped your feet annoyed," But I a big girl now. I can fight to!" You argued, and Leo smiled small as he came up to diffuse the situation. " Listen sissy, we don't make the rules with training, Sensei does. If it were up to me, you would be able to train with us, but Sensei makes the rules okay? Maybe if you prove to him you can handle training, you can train with us." he comforted, placing his hand on your shoulder as you pouted. 

"Okay, Leo... I'll try." You muttered, and he smiled. "And even if you don't train with us, maybe I can ask Sensei about doing one on one with the basics. How does that sound?" he asked, and your eyes lit up. "Ooo yes yes yes!!" You giggled, jumping up and down excitedly.  "Speaking of training, it's time to go and start. Come on sissy, you can watch us!" Mikey exclaimed with a grin, and you happily reached out for his hand and walked with him to inside the dojo where Splinter was setting up a few things that grew the curiosity of not just you, but the four brothers as well. 

Splinter's POV

"Sensei, what's going on? We've mastered these already." Leo asked, confused, and you went over as Splinter beckoned you over to him and the balance beam. "You have, but (Y/N) has not." He informed, looking down at you, and you gasped, realizing what was going on. "Wait... does this mean?" You asked, bouncing up and down in excitement, and Splinter chuckled softly and nodded.

  "Yes, (Y/N) you are going to start training. You will start out working on your balance. For a ninja, balance and stealth are very important. But we shall start with the basics while your brothers practice with their real weapons." He said which Leonardo couldn't help but to grin at as you beamed in excitement.

  "Yes, yes!! Thank you, Daddy!" You giggled and hugged him, looking over as Leo spoke, only to get an idea as Splinter chatted with Leo and your other brothers. You have watched Leo use the balance beam before, granted he was working on balancing with using his weapon, but you mimicked the movements you recalled Leo doing once before. Making your way across the beam, foot in front of the other, as you stared down at your feet, trying to keep the balance.

"Yes! When can we start using them all the time, Sensei?" He asked, and Splinter stroked his beard. "Well, you have been making great progress. I will tell you when, but I suspect within the next couple of years Leonardo. Training is important, especially with real and sharp weapons." He said, and Raph pouted.

"I want the weapons now, Sensei. Kicking butt with real weapons would be awesome!" He said, swinging his wooden sword around only to accidentally hit Mikey in the head. "Ow dude, watch where you're swinging that." He grumbled, rubbing his head, and Splinter chuckled.

"And that's why, Raphael, we are training with them first." He mused with a shake of his head. "Leonardo, since you have mastered your katas, I would like for you to work on them with your brothers. You know what to do. I will work with your sister on her first lesson." He said, and Leonardo nodded in excitement and bowed respectfully to Splinter. "Hai Sensei alright guys you heard Sensei. First stance!" He said, clapping his hands together, causing the others to groan.

"Fine, don't get cocky Leo." Raph mumbled as he got in line with Donnie and Mikey, and they started working on their Katas. Meanwhile, Splinter walked up to you, seeing you had already made it halfway on the balance beam without any trouble. He didn't say anything at first. Instead, he watched you as you concentrated, using both arms to balance and taking your time.

He was amazed that being so young, and without instructions, you knew what to do. He saw you about to lose balance, and he rushed over to your side, saving you from your fall as he caught you in his arms and set you on your feet.

"Excellent job (Y/N). You got far on your first try. But, as I said, it's only your first try. Keep one foot in front of the other, stare straight ahead at the wall, and not down at your feet. Keep your arms straight and level as you were. Try again." He said, and you nodded in determination as you went to the beginning of the beam.  

(Y/N) POV

"Okay... I got this." You muttered as you got on the beam, and you spread out your arms, looking straight ahead as instructed. You started to move forward, and you grew shaky towards the end, and you heard Splinter speak beside you. "Relax, breathe, and watch your footing. One in front of the other. You're doing great (Y/N)." He told you, and you breathed in and let out a sigh, looking down at your feet to see they were crooked.

   Fixing them and making them straighter, that helped your balance be less shaky, and you grinned only to blink as your imagination got the best of you, you imagining walking across the sky like you've seen in movies you watched with Mikey. "Uh, Daddy, I'm not sure if I can go further. " you muttered, and Splinter grew confused.

   "Are you alright?" He asked, and you shook your head as you imagined a big rock coming down from a cliff towards the wire you were walking across. "No, there's a rock coming!" You exclaimed, and you immediately jumped off and ran towards Splinter, causing him to glare over at Mikey, who  grinned and hid behind Leo, causing him to sigh. "You watched the movie with Michelangelo that I told you not to watch, didn't you?" He asked, and you nodded, afraid.

   "I-I did... I'm sorry, Daddy. I just wanted to be a big girl and watch the movie." You muttered, and Splinter smiled, bending down to your height. "You are my big girl (Y/N). You don't need to prove anything by watching a scary movie. But no more TV unless Leonardo is there or I am to see what you are watching. Now, let's try again." He said, making you smile and nod, giving a little shaky sigh.

"Okay, okay. Let's do it." You said with determination, as you got on the beam again. You got halfway once again, and your imagination got over you once again, causing you to believe you were near a cliff. "Breath (Y/N)... let it wash over you... like a river over stone..."  he muttered, and you did as instructed, breathing in and out before you stepped towards the cliff, and you grinned as you hopped off the beam, getting on the other side and you cheered.

"I did it, Daddy!!" You exclaimed, and he grinned, giving you a little high five. "That's amazing (Y/N)! Keep going across for me until I tell you to stop. Once you're comfortable, we might try it blind folded to give you a challenge. " He encouraged, and you nodded," Okay!" You exclaimed, causing him to smile at your determination, seeing you go across the beam so effortlessly this time.

"You'll make an amazing Kunoichi one day, my daughter." He muttered, feeling proud as he watched all of his children, knowing that he wouldn't trade this for the world.