#4 DEAD SERENITIES

#4 DEAD SERENITIES

ADRIAN LAMBERT

*ੈ✩‧₊˚*:・゚✧*:・゚⋆·˚ ༘ *
As you will probably be able
to tell in a few seconds, I
changed from writing Y/n
to (Y/n). And everything
associated with personal
details about her. So, just
a quick note before you start
reading this. Please enjoy!!

*ੈ✩‧₊˚*:・゚✧*:・゚⋆·˚ ༘ *

She was wading in waist deep water.

Her breaths came out shaky and fearful- an exact replication of the crushing weight pushing down upon her chest, allowing her no room inside her lungs to breathe. 

She walked deeper into the murky dark depths of the sea, the surprisingly gentle waves splashing against her torso, licking at the sweater she was wearing and soddening it with the salt of the sea. 

She held her trembling fingers above and out of the reach of the gloomy waters, so she would be able to wave her hands in panic as a silent plea for help if whatever had been haunting her suddenly latched its scaly hands onto her ankles and dragged her down below the surface. Her (e/c) eyes hastily jumped from one symmetrical wave to the next, unable to recognise any newly recent variable that might have shifted. 

There was none. The pressure and terror as she swam deeper remained constantly in this horrific nightmare of a situation. 

As she waded deeper into the dark sea, she heard it. A quiet humming that filled the empty air with enchanting melodies. She was shoulder deep at this point of time, and she struggled to keep her feet on the soft sandy ground below her. 

The humming grew louder and closer, and her breath hitched inside her throat as she desperately thrashed around in order to catch a glimpse of the creature that had been haunting her ever since she was a small girl. Tears brimmed the corners of her eyes as the dreadfulness of the situation bored down on her.  Small hyperventilated breaths escaped from the small crack between her wet lips as she realised she had accidentally pushed herself away from the shore and now, she was stranded. 

She tried to keep her nose and mouth out of the sea’s murky depths, coughing and spluttering at the once soft waves crashed down on her vulnerable figure- leaving her with no space to panic. 

She let out a strangled scream as a large wave pushed her down under the surface, purposely filling her mouth with unwanted water. 

She forced herself back up, but before she could take a large relieving gasp of air, another wave mercilessly plunged her back downwards. She couldn’t take this horrific cycle any longer, her eyes filled with tears as one last wave pushed her down.