18. AJ

It had been a few weeks since Ajax and I discussed the possibility of having children. In our pack, it seemed as though all mated couples had children within a year of getting together. But Ajax and I were different. We had decided to wait before bringing kids into the mix, especially now that the pack was facing more rogue and hunter problems than ever before. Our decision to delay starting a family was a tough one, but we believed it was the right choice given the circumstances.

Rogue werewolves had been causing havoc in our territory, sneaking into villages and attacking innocent humans. The pack's safety had become our top priority, leaving little room for starting a family.

The hunters lurking in the shadows only added to our concerns. These humans were relentless in their pursuit of supernatural beings, determined to eliminate or capture them. Our pack had avoided them thus far, but we couldn't risk exposing any children to their dangerous presence.

Despite these challenges, Ajax and I longed for the day when we could hold our own little ones in our arms. We imagined what they would look like, whether they would inherit Ajax's eyes and smile or my nose and hair. We dreamed of teaching them about our pack's rich history, passing on the traditions and values that had been instilled in us from birth.

But for now, we focused on defending Moonlit Oasis pack from rogues and hunters alike. Ajax led with strength and determination, ensuring the safety of our loved ones. I, too, had my role to play as the alpha's mate. I supported him in his decisions, stood by his side during pack meetings, and provided a listening ear whenever he needed to vent his frustrations.

Moonlit Oasis pack was a tight-knit community, and it took a collective effort to face the challenges that lay ahead. I'm grateful for Beau's family and pack for allowing me and my friends to remain here for the time being for there will be a day where Ajax and I will have to relocate and start our own pack. Even if it'll be just a few of us to begin with.

But even as we took these necessary precautions, the desire to start a family tugged at our hearts. Each full moon, when our instincts were heightened, we felt the longing even more intensely. We yearned for the sound of pattering feet through our home, for the joy and innocence that children bring.

In the midst of these struggles, we found solace in each other's arms. Our love provided a sanctuary from the chaos that surrounded us. We clung to the hope that one day, the threats would diminish, and the pack would find the peace that it deserved. And when that day came, we would finally bring children into our world, ensuring their safety and happiness above all else.

"Have you thought about a name for your pack yet?" Beau asked as we sat in his office. He was helping me learn the is and outs of being an alpha since Dominic failed to do so as I grew older and then my father moved back to California join reuniting with my mother, so we didn't get a chance to talk about the prospect of starting a pack and what I needed to know.

"Ajax and I had been tossing names around but none have stuck out enough to be considered a candidate," I said and he nodded leaning against his chair, arms crossed over his chest, "but I'm sure we'll see centrally come up with one once we're already to break away from MoonLit Oasis."

"I'm sure whatever you come up with, will be good," Alpha Derek said as he sat beside his husband. These two have been through it all since they got together. Ajax has told me about it the first few days of us meeting. Despite these two being so young, both 18 and 19, respectively, have proven to be a strong team and were grade parents to those four kids. They had adopted three brothers who had been part of a groups of hunters a few months ago before my friends and I came here.

"How are the kids by the way? I heard Elijah had a fever that he passed to his siblings a few days ago?" I asked changing the subject from pack business to the kids. Beau smiled at the mention of his kids.

"They're much better," he replied and modded, "they're  happy to be able to play with their friends again."

"I bet," I said with a chuckle, "Ajax was worried when you told us they wouldn't be able to come visit for a few days because of their illness, so known that they're all  better, Ajax be over at the house more frequently to play with them."

Ajax absolutely loved his nephews and siblings so learning that one of his nephews was sick, was hard on him and he constantly called and texted Beau to ask how he was song and if they needed anything, specially with a baby in the house.

"He called earlier to ask if he could come by," Derek said with a laugh, "the kids love him so it's been hard on them too not being able to see you and him as much as they used to before Elijah got sick and then got the others sick.

"I'll make sure to stop by after we're done here see them," I said and they nodded. We went back to work and before I knew it, I was walking up the gravel of Beau and Derek's house where I could hear children laughing in the back yard. I rinsed the corner and sure enough there he was, my mate, playing chase with his nephews and brothers. I smiled as I walked over to Preston who had been watching the scene on the porch. His 8 month old twins were on a play mat by his feet as Derek and Beau's baby slept in her stroller next to him.

"Hello," I greeted the older man who smiled.

"Hello, AJ," he greeted back, "I heard that you're thinking of starting a pack of your own soon?"

We chatted about pack matters and the latest events in Moonlit Oasis. As the evening wore on, the children grew tired and were brought inside by Beau and Derek. Ajax joined me on the porch, our hands finding each other naturally, a sense of contentment settling within us. The stars dotted the sky above us, and in that moment, I knew that no matter the challenges we faced, we would someday have our own pack, a family to call our own.

As we sat there, a name for our pack suddenly came to me. I turned to Ajax, excitement bubbling up inside me.

"Ajax," I said, squeezing his hand, "I think I've got it. Our pack, our future, will be called Moonlit Haven."

His eyes lit up, reflecting the moon's gentle glow.

"Moonlit Haven," he repeated, his voice filled with hope, "a place of safety, of peace, and love. It's perfect, AJ."

We leaned in, our lips meeting in a gentle kiss, sealing our dreams and aspirations for a future filled with family and love. A future where Moonlit Haven would be more than just a name, but a sanctuary for all those we held dear.

And so, we continued our journey, knowing that one day, Moonlit Haven would come to be. With the challenges we faced, we remained steadfast in our belief that love would conquer all and that our pack, our children, would know nothing but safety and happiness. As we held each other, the night wrapped us in its embrace, and we knew that our dreams were within reach.