10. AJ

"Dominic isn't your father, AJ," Ryder said and I stared at him with wide eyes before clenching my jaw.

"The hell he isn't," I snarled, "He may be a bastard but he's my father and you can't tell me otherwise,"

"Like I said. I did a little digging and learned that your father is an alpha from California, hence why you were heading in that direction when you crossed onto our territory and met Ajax." Ryder said, "A wolf will lead his pack to their home because it's what the heart yearns."

I shook head in denial at Ryder's words, "not true. Why would he lie to me all this time, then?"

"Because he wants to kill you, plain and simple." Preston answered this time, "that's the only reason he came here and when he knew he couldn't, he walked away but that doesn't change the fact that he's most likely already planning a way to eliminate you once and for all so you don't take your rightful place as Alpha."

"But if Dominic isn't his father than that means that either his mother had an affair or she was in on him getting kidnapped." Axel asked as he looked at Preston and Ryder.

"She's your mother." Preston said making me look at him, "Dominic took her from your father and forced her to marry him. He was angry when he learned she was expecting another man's child."

"How do you know all of this?" Beau asked

"Because while we were digging for ways to break a bond between mates, we came across an article dating back 20 years and in it read that Alpha Aaron of the GreenValley Pack in California lost his mate and unborn child during an ambush that had been ordered by Dominic." Preston said and sighed, "Dominic had always been in love with your mother even when they had been children, but she never felt that way towards him. Aaron and your mother had been together for three years before they learned they were mates and Dominic had grown even more obsessed with her."

"So he kidnapped her and forced her to marry him and raised me as his son even though he knew that she didn't feel that way about him."

"Yes. You said you had a sister, right?" Ryder asked and I nodded.

"He killed her because she was gay and was mated to another female." I answered and Preston nodded, "Why?"

"Younger or older?"

"Older. Her name was Dawn," he replied "Why?"

"Because from what I learned, he not only took your mother but also her daughter. Both you and your sister were raised thinking Dominic was your father."

"But you said that they shared the same blood though? You said Xavier may have been Dominic's grandfather but not AJ's great-grandfather." Jasmine stated changing the subject and I was thankful that she picked up on my emotions that I no doubt knew Ajax was sensed as well. Ryder nodded.

"Like Beau read, Richard Costello was the former alpha of SilverClaw before his second born son took over. Xavier and Charles were very different from each other and it was very noticeable by their father but despite that, Richard didn't give his eldest his rightful place even if he was an omega." Preston said, "Charles formed his own pack in California, The GreenValley Pack, and had six children with his mate, Joselyn. The eldest, a girl named Annabelle became pregnant with her first child, Aaron—your father."

"So my great grandfather was an omega?" I asked and Ajax's parents nodded, "If he was an omega did that make my grandmother one as well?"

"No," Ryder answered making me furrow my brows in confusion, "From what I read, the omega gene usually skips several generations before it pops up again,"

"So it means that if Ajax and I ever have children, that one of them may carry the gene?" I asked and Preston nodded.

"So you said that Annabelle became alpha of the GreenValley Pack?" Jasmine asked