Conflicted

Taehyun ended up resting in a way of sleeping on the couch without changing into comfortable clothes, he slept soundly again for he was tired today and from the past restless days.

The brown haired boy ended with waking up because of his phone ringing continuously, his ringtone having Beomgyu's cover of his favorite song. "You!" by Lany. He didn't wake up after the past few calls because of Beomgyu's soothing voice that he usually use to drive himself off to sleep as it was similar to a lullaby.

Taehyun's eyes slowly opened as he looked around to find the source of the music, and quickly grabbing his phone as he realized someone was dialing his number.

He accepted the phone call, his sight refocus as he did so. Before he could accept, he saw his contact name on Kai's number. Hyuka. "Hello, Kai-ah?" he asked with a sleepy voice, low like a whisper and slightly hoarse.

"Oh, hi! I guess you were sleeping just now.. here to inform that I thought of you replacing my position for double dating with Yeonjun and Soobin, is that okay?" The feeling of concern couldn't be ulterior in Kai's voice, it could be distinguished no matter how much the excitement was hiding it.

Taehyun hummed in confusion yet it was humble to Kai's question, "Why.. me?" he asked a question again. His brain wasn't working for he just woke up after a long nap.

"I heard you're on a day-off tomorrow." Huening Kai answered like it was obvious, doubting.

"Who said that?" Taehyun asked again, his eyebrows furrowing at how he got that information. He didn't remember telling Kai that he had a rest day this weekend. But he truly did, that was surprising.

"I guess I'm correct~! so are you coming?" Kai chirped, Taehyun could hear his loud clapping through the call.

Taehyun eyed Kai's voice through the phone, eyeing it on the side, his frown holding a sense of distrust. "Yeah, sure, I guess. But why aren't you coming?"

"Busy crocheting my plushies." Kai whined, also disappointed of not attending the double date.

"Huh, wait, double date? I don't have anyone currently. Why is it called 'double date'?"

Double date is for two couples having a date, usually to know about the relationship between the two. Yeonjun and Soobin are married, and is currently sharing a house for they eventually decided to live together. But, Taehyun, who was now a hopeless romantic who never had a relationship is baffled about the information of going into a double date.

"Beomgyu and Euji will be going as well.." He lowly answered. "So more likely is that you're joining to have a single person in the group?" Kai muttered unsurely.

Taehyun frowned at the people mentioned in Kai's answer, "Nevermind, they can go, I've changed my mind." He sobbed, emphasizing the word 'they' as he referred to the two couples that were very fruity.

"Please?" Kai was desperately pleading.

Taehyun went silent as he pondered about how he should handle seeing Beomgyu, because he's fine with the couple that they named: Yeonbin, but he doesn't know how to react with the other. He sighed hearing the younger implore, "Fine." he mumbled with his mouth, his lips forming a slight pout as he agreed to it.

"You're the best! — literally.. the double date starts at 1pm." Huening Kai was met with happiness and excitement, a light giggle followed after his celebration. He informed the time of when they'll start.