2

"Dumbledore has been looking for you for quite some time," said Severus. His eyes roaming over her as if she were a meal and he was starving.

"Dumbledore, or you?" Jynx countered with a cocked brow, she pulled her hair from the braid and golden waves cascaded down her shoulders. She watched as the same look of longing she had seen in those dark eyes so long ago reemerged.

"You're Seeing for Muggles now?"

"They call it being psychic and honestly, I prefer the term."

Severus took a step toward her and she took one toward him. "Dumbledore would like you to meet him at Hogwarts."

"I'm not going, I won't read for wizards. You know that. Not since-"

"I know, I'm not entirely sure what he wants, only that he sent me to retrieve you."

They both knew exactly what he wanted. The room filled with tension, she hadn't seen Severus since the Dark Lord disappeared. They had met during their time at Hogwarts and had both joined him after their education was complete. They grew closer and often found solace in each other during that time.

Severus came to her after word of what had happened to the Potters' spread. He screamed and destroyed everything in his path, the room resembled the shattered remains of his heart when he was done. Jynx only kept him company while his world imploded around him.

The fury that had consumed him was soon turned on her. He gripped her throat in his palm and slammed her into the nearest wall, blaming her for Lily's death. It was a preposterous accusation, one she had long forgiven him for.

"I don't think-"

"It was not a request," he snarled.

Jynx waved her wand and a suitcase flew from below her bed in the next room. She stomped into the room and began to fill the suitcase with clothes and amenities. She held out her hand and the important documents and photos that were stored on the built-in shelves next to the bed floated into it. When she had packed everything she felt was of importance, she stormed out of the room with the suitcase in hand.

"Ah, shall we then?" Severus mused as he gestured toward the door.

"Oh, I'm not going with you Severus," Jynx stomped her foot like a petulant child. "I'm simply moving so that it will take you another ten years to find me."

She pushed toward the door, but was quickly jerked back as Severus grabbed her elbow. She struggled, dropping the suitcase. He towered over her, backing her against the door. When her back pressed against the smooth wood, he placed his hand on her throat. It was all too familiar. She rose to the tips of her toes before he hoisted her up by the backs of her thighs.

Her legs wrapped around him instinctively, as if his waist had been molded for them. A wicked smile crawled over his face as his dark eyes crashed with her emerald and gray. "Severus, don't!" she warned. She wanted so badly for him to bury himself inside her, but she knew it would be a mistake.

Heat had encased them. Jynx wove her arms under his and dug her nails into the small of his back. He curled his face into the crook of her shoulder and bit into the tender flesh. She returned the sentiment, and a growl erupted from his throat. His teeth released her and his warm breath whispered in her ear, "Come with me. I've missed you."

"You fucking liar!" Jynx bit. His fingers slithered to the inside of her thighs and he wrenched her legs apart, allowing himself to get closer, as if that were possible. "You don't care about me, you never did," She pulled her arms from around him and shoved against his chest. The lust she felt was quickly taken over by rage, her mismatched eyes bore into him as she continued to pound on his chest.

Severus was undeterred by her flailing, he held her to the door with his hips while his fingers tangled in her hair. He brushed his nose against hers, "You are only capable of seeing the future, you know nothing of the past," he said. His words were laced with anger, the seething rage she had seen so long ago rose to the surface. He gritted his teeth before they disappeared from her flat.