✰ 36: anakin's plans

Start from the beginning

"Alright, then we can do the investigation," Obi-Wan told Akya.

"Hold on," said Anakin, holding up his palms. "I've got a better idea. Since Ahsoka and you both said you want to do search and rescue, you two can do that, and Akya and I can look for the weapon."

Obi-Wan raised his brows. "Anakin, I really don't think that's a good idea."

"Come on, Master, it'll be fun," said Anakin, walking over and putting his hand's on Obi-Wan's shoulders. "We'll have a little Padawan switch. I can show Akya some things, and you can teach Ahsoka."

"Come on, Master," said Ahsoka with a smile. "Remember when you thought I was going to be your Padawan? We can test the waters."

"And Anakin won't be reckless when I'm around to control him," added Akya. "I've got your common sense, Master, remember?"

Obi-Wan sighed, shaking his head in acceptance. "Alright," he said. "But the focus is on the mission, not our Padawan switch.  We must concentrate."

"Agreed," said Anakin with a nod. He gave another small squeeze to Akya's hand.

"Hold on," said Cody. "How do we know the weapon isn't already off world?"

"Easy," Captain Rex chimed in. "After the attack, the president of Kisorix locked down the planet," he said. "No ships were allowed to leave. They tried identifying what ship could have brought the weapon in, but there were multiple in the port that were large enough to transport such a weapon, so they aren't sure where it originated from."

"We're ready, General," said a clone sitting in a chair that faced the window.

"Perfect," said Anakin. "Move ahead."

"Entering hyperspace," called another clone, pushing forward a large lever with immaculate pace. The stars in the window turned into long lines as they zoomed out of that area of space and soon morphed into a bright blue tunnel of light, through which they would travel for the next hour.

"Next stop, Kisorix," said Anakin, turning back to the Jedi and clone officers.

"Good," said Obi-Wan. "I think we should all get some rest before we land. I have a feeling we're going to need it."

"Very well," shrugged Akya. The six of them stepped out of the room, all making their way to their separate quarters. Once Ahsoka and Obi-Wan were out of sight, Anakin took Akya's hand and pulled her into his room.

The quarters on these ships were never exciting, and not often the most comfortable. The walls were simple, mostly gray slats of duracrete or steel. There was a queen size cot in the middle of each fit with deep blue sheets and pillows, and next to it, two metal nightstands, one with a clock, and one with a small holo-projector built in. Every one of these quarters looked exactly the same. Anakin's trunk encased only his clothes and armor, and lay on the far side of the room.

Akya laughed as Anakin pressed the button to close the door behind them and lock it. He then put his hands around his wife's waist and pulled her in close, their lips meeting at last.

"Your hair is longer," commented Akya in a whisper, after their kiss had ended.

"You like it?"

"Of course," she said, running a hand through his curls.

"Good," he said, then kissed her again. "I missed you, you know."

"Of course I know. I always know."

Anakin smiled. "I love you."

"I know that too." She let her hand move out of his hair and down to his lower back. "I love you, too."

"This is like a dream," he said.

"What, this?" Akya said. The two of them swayed as they stood.

"You," he said softly. "My wife. I get to spend the rest of my life with you."

"You're adorable."

Anakin smirked. "I know." He mimicked her blunt responses from before.

"Shouldn't we be resting?" she said. "If I'm going to be your Padawan for a day, I'm going to need my energy."

Anakin rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah, alright," he agreed.

Akya kicked off her boots and took off her armor, and belt then laid in the bed, over the sheets. Anakin took off his belt and did the same, and they turned to face each other, both laying on their sides.

"Don't try anything," she said. "I'm going to actually try and shut my eyes for a while."

Anakin chuckled dryly. "I won't be annoying," he replied.

"Good," she said. She then turned the other way. Anakin brought himself closer to his wife and threw his arm over her. He didn't know it, but she smiled as she shut her eyes, and dreamed of him. She had missed his gentle touch.

a.n.:

WE ARE SO BACK!!!! not that it was ever over.  we're just so back.  it's thursday!!!!

anakin and akya mission anakin and akya mission!!! how's this going to go???? I'm so excited for y'all to read this arc i really love it. AGHHHHH HIS WIFE!!! HIS BEAUTIFUL WIFE!!

i love you, don't forget to vote! ♡ ♡

molly, who is OVERJOYED to have tpm back in theaters soon!!!