Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Raven

"I haven't seen you in a while," Lotte placed her arms over my shoulders and leaned in from behind. "You know, I miss you."

I turned, glancing at her, "The usual."

She bit down on her lip and slid off me, getting back to prepare our usual drinks. When I looked at Ace and Blade, they both were giving me a silent look and I understood what it meant.

"Cut it," I said, sharply.

Ace leaned forward and looked behind me, at Lotte. "Did you tell her that you're fucking with somebody else now? Or are you just taking her along for the ride?"

"There's no ride," I whispered to him, teeth clenched. "And there's nothing going on between Lotte and I. She's seeing several other guys in her free time."

And it was true. We weren't in a relationship, of any kind. Though we had spent a couple of nights together over the course of the past few months, and that was all. I wasn't someone who was ready to jump into a relationship with anyone, especially with Lotte. She was a good person, she was nice, and she was also a great lay. But I couldn't see myself dating her.

Or anyone.

"Got it." Ace backed off after realizing the truth.

They didn't have girlfriends, no current girlfriends. Ace hadn't been laid in months and Blade was fucking this woman at his father's office whenever he had the chance to visit him—which wasn't quite often.

"Here you go," Lotte placed the tray of drinks on the table in front of us. Three whiskies, bitter and strong. "If you need anything else, let me know."

I glanced up at her and gave her a slight nod, "Thank you."

She gave me a longer stare and touched my shoulder before resuming back to her work. I didn't take it as anything. Simply because I was no longer interested in her. My interests were elsewhere, and oh, they weren't just interests.

It was a complete obsession and I wasn't sure if it was her body, or just her. The sole thought of her in my hands, bouncing on my dick got me hard. Only if I could've seen her with the lights on, it would've been a better sight. But I couldn't do that. I couldn't risk everything for some girl.

Lotte didn't know me, she didn't know who any of us were. She didn't go to Elmwood University. In fact, she didn't go to any college either. She was a bartender and had been for a while now. She knew us as the men who appeared at her bar often, and nothing more. It wasn't a couple of months ago when she made a move on me, and I took her up to it on a random night.

I didn't fuck her out of love, or even lust. I did it because I needed it. I needed to feel someone close to me, and I had no one. She was someone who wanted it as much as I did and it was a win-win for me.

"We need to focus on our next move. Not pussy," I looked at Ace and Blade, they were still giving me glances from time to time, making sure I wasn't looking at Lotte. "Are you two done?"

Ace nodded and Blade took a gulp of his whiskey before speaking, "What do you have in mind?"

"We're going to need more time to prepare for the next shipment. There's only so much we can do before the next move. We need to be prepared for everything. And since this is the biggest shipment we're getting, we need to focus." I leaned back on the seat and took my own drink in my hands.

"Agreed. I'll make sure everything is in place." Blade replied, tapping his fingers on the table in front of us.

"If everything goes well, we'll all have a fat payday," I said to them.

And it was going to be our biggest payday so far. The shipment of drugs we had gotten earlier was nothing compared to this. But our clientele was expanding, people wanted harder drugs, drugs that were hard to come by, and for that, we needed to get a hell lot of cash in our pockets, or something worth the money.

We no longer had intentions of staying exclusive to Elmwood. It would be our first time branching outside and it was a step up. If we didn't have to deal in Elmwood, it meant we would never be in danger here, especially with Lucien now lurking over our heads. I had been itching to get rid of him and now, we finally had the chance too.

If this shipment was going to be successful, there were many more opportunities that were going to come with it.

"So fat that it's going to hurt our pockets," Ace said, excitedly.

Blade rolled his eyes, "Only yours, Ace."

"Oh, Blade, who'd you be without your father's money?"

"Well if you hadn't killed your father—"

I slammed my glass on the table, silencing them both before giving them a death stare. What the fuck were they on about?

"Quit it. Both of you," I snapped at them. This was not the time or the place to talk about all of this. "Blade, you have to be a little sensitive about some things."

"That's cool, I don't really care." Ace chuckled and leaned back, not giving a flying fuck about anything.

I tried to see past his manic face, but I really couldn't, not this time. He was far more troubled in the head than any of us were. It had to do something with the fact he had murdered his father when he was merely fourteen years old.

And the reason was something that stayed under the wraps. Nobody really wanted to know the truth about Ace and his fucked up past—his own history with the death. It wasn't pretty to hear him go on and on about the way he strangled his father before bludgeoning his face while being a teenager.

We were there when it happened, and the days after that. He was nearly sent to juvenile but the case was dropped as Blade's father handled it. There was no evidence left after that.

His father was a piece of shit anyway, he had it coming.

Blade and I tried our best to help him cope with whatever he had going on inside that thick head of his, but a part of him was still fucked up and no one could fix that.

"So, the car at the house. Last night. Who was it?" Blade asked while checking his phone. I had installed an app on his phone where he could see the cameras and any movements outside the house.

"That would be me," I finished my drink and confessed. "I had a girl over."

His brows shot up, "The same one from Lucien's party?"

"Yes." I nodded. They remembered her as it was just a couple of days ago.

The color drained from Blade's face again. He was scared of having the truth out in the world, especially in a university student's mouth. The site wasn't just connected to me, it was connected to the three of us, and Blade was the governor's son. He, especially, couldn't be known for dealing with drugs in university. His father wasn't going to be amused to have his legacy ruined.

"There's no need to worry, Blade. I told you, I have everything under control. Don't worry about it. How many years has it been? Three fucking years." I reminded him, and not once anyone could connect the dots between us.

Not once.

Read up to 60 chapters on Patreon, or on my Inkitt Subscription.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions