Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Raven

The moment Ace said that a cold chill ran down my spine. My eyes narrowed into slits and I stopped in my tracks near the stairs. I doubted Lucien would just take any girl; he preyed on them before taking them up. What happened after, no one knew, not even me.

There were rumors of some girls getting blacked out during his parties, some of them remembering nothing at all from the pills we gave to Lucien. They weren't the common date rape drugs; they were simply mind-numbing and hallucination-inducing pills.

I took another glance at my phone before turning to the staircase that led upstairs to where most rooms were. Only Lucien's friends were allowed in the upper portion of the house. His hired goons prohibited anyone else. But being Lucien's drug dealer, they let us pass without a word.

"Are you sure about this?" Blade whispered to me while following me to the top of the stairs. "Ace is just pulling your leg. Your friend might be just fine, you know."

The hallway above the stairs was clear, there was no one around. Most of the doors to the room were shut. I went further ahead and continued looking for Aria. I couldn't leave from here until I had seen or heard her. Inviting her to such a party was my wrongdoing, especially if she came here alone.

"There's someone fucking in here," Ace said, standing near the partly opened bedroom door.

"Get the fuck out!" The guy inside hissed at him before slamming the door shut.

Ace rolled his eyes and stepped back. I moved further, ignoring my friends. On one hand, Ace was completely careless, and on the other hand, Blade was over the top. He was terrified of being caught, probably because his father caught him so many times that he was now traumatized.

I picked up my pace and reached at the end of the hallway. The room to the end was shut and I loomed behind the door. I wasn't sure if it was instinct or anything else, but I didn't hesitate to push open the door and head inside.

I couldn't immediately make out the figure in the room; it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the dull lighting. But when they did, my heart sank, just a little.

"Get the fuck off her." I snapped, my voice tinged with rage as soon as I saw Lucien. He looked behind, at me, but he didn't get off until I lunged at him, grabbing him by the collar and pulling him off Aria.

Every fiber of my being wanted to smash his face right there, but I tossed him to the side and returned to the bed.

"What the fuck?" Lucien stood up and came at me, but before he could, I curled my fist and slammed it into his face, knocking him back to the ground. He fell back with a thud and this time, he didn't get up again, instead, he mended his broken nose and the blood that seeped out of it. "I fucking pay you. Get the fuck out of my room!"

"Don't fucking tell me what to do, you little bastard. I'll shove those pills far up your ass if you say one more word."

I turned my head around, glancing at Aria who was on the bed, drugged. She didn't move and her eyes were rolled back and half shut. Her fingers trembled when I grabbed her wrist to take her out of here.

When I raised my head, Lucien was moving again. He had the guts to nearly get off the floor and come at me again after the fact I had broken his nose.

Ace slipped down on his knees and pressed a pocket knife against his throat. "He says don't speak, and I say, don't move." He threatened, pressing the blade on his skin but not deep enough to cut him.

"You don't know what the fuck you're doing. You've no idea who I am. You're going to fucking pay for this!" Lucien stammered, his eyes darting back and forth while a frown formed on his bloodied face.

Ace slammed his face onto the ground and kept the knife in the same place, inches away from his throat. I pulled Aria into my arms. Meanwhile, Blade left to grab the car and bring it to the back where no one could see us leaving.

I couldn't begin to imagine what would have happened if I had come a minute later, or if I had thought that Aria left this place when she didn't hear from me.

We kept Lucien hostage in his bedroom where no one was going to come until we left.

"Let's go," I said to Ace as I adjusted Aria in my arms, making sure her head was supported.

Ace stood up, giving Lucien one last look. "The next time you think about doing something this disgusting, remember this moment. Remember how close you came to feeling the full extent of this blade."

Lucien's face paled even further, if that was possible. We left the room, locking the door behind us and hurrying down the stairs.

I reached the back entrance of the house where anyone could be barely seen and under the darkness, we slipped out of Willowsworth.

Read up to 60 chapters on Patreon, or on my Inkitt Subscription.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions