Infinite

My feed carry me over the leaf covered
ground and the second time to day I bolt through the forest. The only difference: This time there isn't a fire hunting me, eager to burn everything I am to the ground. There is only one thought in my head and that is Violets survival and the little golden dragon. I had promised Mira to keep her alive and even if Violets hated me now, I would never break the promise I gave my best friend's sister.
The ground beyond feels like it vibrates but I know it isn't true. It's my heart. A silent cry for help from the gods above to save me from this hell.

I have never sprinted that fast in my life, needing to catch up to Tynan, Oren and Jack as fast as possible to prevent a possible death.

Suddenly the stable earth under me gives in and I yelp painfully, as I face plant into the mud,My ankle stuck between 2 roots covering a hole. A flow of curses leaves my mouth, all too terrible to really say out loud as I try to get myself on my feet again. My ankle hurts and as I free it from the hole and try to keep walking a sharp pain erupts, bringing me with another cry of pain to my knees.

Tears start running down my cheeks as I manage to keep limping forward, already seeing the shine of the Golden Dragon behind bushes. Violet only a clearing before it, already confronted with the Trio of Death.

"DON'T "

I ignore him, unsheathing my daggers as I hurry in a broken form toward the clearing Violet was now surrounded in, swearing as the Golden Feather-tail seems to follow me close behind towards Violet.

I reach the opening and at first nobody notices me, as they're busy circling Violet, whose whole body screams terror. I straighten, trying to keep hidden my most definitely broken ankle as I step out of the shadows. Immediately the focus is on me as all three boys stop their doing, eyes locked on me with an evil grin.
"Leave her alone, you assholes"
I say loudly, my voice as sharp as a snake.
Violet looks at me with horror all written over her face and with a small gesture I tell her to flee and without a second thought she will runs.
Jacks head snaps towards my bolting friend with a displeased expression but he is focused back on me.

"Looks like you bounded something, Tempest"

I swallow hardly, feeling the shadows of the feathertail fall over me.

"Leave the Dragon alone Jack, or you'll have to go up against me"

His mouth turns in an ugly smirk, as he nods towards his companions which yield their sword.

"Sure Thing, Doll. But you won't walk out alive"

Rage fills me and I feel a growl rattle through the ground.
He is near. I can feel the power connected to my signet growing... Soon my dragon would come to save us all.

I focus back on Jack. And he smiles at me.

Then they attack.

Tynan and Oren both jump towards me, Swords pointed toward my heart.
I manage to dodge both of them. Having no option to attack either of them with one of my daggers.
Jack is watching the whole thing from far away, the smile still in place. I have the weird feeling, that he knows I am wounded, making it impossible for me to move much.

As my attackers stumble after a missed blow, I take a quick glance at the creature behind me. Tiny Teeth and paws instead of claws. I doubted it could even spit fire.
Oren attacks again, leaving a still kind of confused Tynan behind having focused back on Jacks task faster than his Teammate. I manage to dodge his blow again but this time I attack. My blade flies in no time towards his waist cutting it open, not to kill him but to wound him, making him fall in his knees before I hit his head with the wooden part of my weapon.
Jacks eyes are wide now and with a low "Shit" he turns, running into the woods, leaving me with a passed out Oren and a raging Tynan. I throw a dagger after him and it reaches its target, as I see Jack buck in mid way, when the dagger hits straight into his spine.