The Parapet

Violet stares at me, her mouth falling open as i stare back at her. She has aged but i did too , though I've gotten some centimeters taller than her. Her hair has stayed long the same as mine, what i really welcome since most riders cut theirs short and she still had the gorgeous silver fade in ger brown Mane, i always admired since mine were only blond,well i did have a slight golden fade in them when direct light hit directly my head but it wasn't obvious. We continue staring at each other till Mira pushes her towards me. And then time starts running again, as we jump in each other's arms, hugging each other tightly, not daring to leave the other one go. After minutes Vi holds me a arms length away, her eyes wandering over my body before sge states "You look like a true rider Deya. But what are you doing here? You're supposed to enroll next year".

She lifts an eyebrow questioning me. Happily Mira cuts in "I asked her to go earlier Vi" she mumbles " I asked her for you, i searched her for you, and last night me and Teine flew her here for you". Violet hovers around staring at Mira "so you brought her to die for me". I notice how she lets her satchel drop taking the first full breath, visibly feeling better. "No Vi" i softly tell her "Mira did not drag me here, i choose to go, i choose to see you and help you, before reading of your death in the rolls next year or even worse, think you're save at the scribes!" Her eyes dart to me, slowly nodding.

I pull her into an embrace again, while Mira already emptys her backpack, packing it again but leaving the books Vi brought to the side. Now the bag looked a lot lighter, but as Violet turned she didn't looked as happy as i was to see ny veat friend alive . Before she could say something the bells rang. We had around 45 min left. While Mira pulled the same gear she gave me out of her satchel, I picked a book which was at the top of the stapels "A handbook of Poisons" was written on the top of the tome and i quickly let it slide into my satchel to hide it from Mira, whispering to Vi "I packed your Poison tome, Vi". She thankfully smiled at me as Mira braided her Hair into a Crown.

"Okay you two, as soon as you're on the other side of the Parapet you have to find Dain Aetos, he will put you into his squad. All i heard is that he is doing quite good. Also, especially you Deyanira, keep out of trouble. The more people know who you are, the more will want to kill you " I draw in a breath, nodding at Mira and so does Violet. As she is done she stands up" Lets go, it looks like rain, so the faster we will get you over the parapet the better" I follow her linking my arm with Violets.Mira has always veen the person to hustle through everything, no wonder we had to be around the first on the death trap. I almost feel bad because i didn't even catch half of the conversation of Violet and Mira when we were back in the room, since my eyes threatend to shut every second but now a slight Adrenaline rushed through my system.

I knew it was a dangerous combination but i didn't care and it would calm down soon anyways leaving me on the edge of falling asleep. Nobody can stay up that long without going insane and i did also ride on a dragin while i was insane. I forced my brain away from sleep talk. I didn't trained 14 years on the Balance Beam and in the sparring ring to fail now, i remind myself rather harshly . We stepped into the light and the sun hugged my body but as Mira said :dark clouds were already growing in the horizon and dark rain droplets were soon ri meet the ground. I looked around. Everywhere were 20 year olds hugging their family or loved ones. The Conscription Day was always a cruel one, seperating parent, fiance, lover and their someone, who was either voluteering, punished or conscripted.

I was forced to become a rider by the mark in my tigh, waist and boob to be a rider. At least it was seen as the punishment the day my mother decided to kill us all. I never had a diffrent option anyways but my own mother stole my last hope. On the walls in the shadow i was able to spot carriages but they were empty for the bodies. A lump formed in my stomach as i follow Mira in the Queue. Now only 2 people are infront of us. One gorgeous brown skinned girl with braided Hair and one blond boy, carrying a even bigger satchel than me,who just rips away from his, i guess girlfriend giving his name to the rollkeeper. I try to swallow the lump away that he might never see him again but then it's our turn. "Violet Sorrengail and Deyanira Tempest" Mira tells her as the girl writes down our names but as she looks up she stops.