I grimace instantly, disgusted by this guy. "I'm not anyone's girl friend." I grit out, annoyed. "Have you seen Valentino, please?" I ask the stranger, Carlo.

Carlo runs his finger through his light brown hair, winks at me and points somewhere behind me. By the time I turn my head around, I see Valentino's red sports car roaring in the centre with two other cars.

No. No. No.

Please don't race until you find a way to get me out of here. "Race doesn't stop, so if you're trying to stop it, you will fail or get crushed between people." The older guy says.

I frown, having no concept or idea on how will I get home safely. "Do you guys have a phone?" It was an oblivious question, of course these guys had a phone.

"Will you give me your phone number and we become best friends?" Carlo smiles.

I raise an eyebrow, lifting my hand and opening it for him to place his phone in. Carlo takes out his mobile from his back pocket, unlocking it and placing it on my palm.

I quickly dial a number I can't process I'm calling. I'm totally ruined, but I can't call Valentine who's probably love-making with Christian.

I can't call Bridget because she would actually murder me. I can't call Dad because he would be so disappointed. And calling Mom was out of the question.

So I dial the phone number of the most responsible and easiest to deal with. Uncle Damon. He would be mad, but he wouldn't hurt me. Right?

I put the phone against my ear, watching the cars drive off to the street and a shotgun trigger flying to the air. The line picks up and I take a deep breath.

"Damon Lars," A deep voice murmurs. I hear a soft pant in the background as my body trembled in realisation. Did I stop Aunt Marci and Uncle Damon from...ew.

I feel horrible. "U-Uncle Damon?" I say loud with Carlo's singing. Is this guy singing Taylor Swift? I only noticed because Valentina is obsessed with her, I don't listen to her music much.

The line goes quiet as a bunch of curses lined-up leave my Uncle's mouth. "Adeline, where the hell are you?" Uncle Damon growls.

I felt scared, but it was far too late. "Can you not tell Dad and Mom, please?" I plead desperately.

He goes quiet, and hisses. "Location. Now." He offers. "Or Adeline I'm seriously going to go crazy. Is Valentina with you?"

I immediately lie. No snitching. "No, I followed Valentino alone."

"So you're in the race party? Stay in your place, I'm coming."

The call hangs up and I hand the phone to Carlo-the-stranger who was playfully boxing the air. I shake my head in disbelief. What is wrong with this guy?

I turn to the mature one instead who seems to have a cold-exterior that doesn't really allow him to speak much. "Do you know Damien Mariano?" I ask randomly. If he knows Valentino, then he's apart of the mafia. And if he's apart of the mafia, he knows Damien.

The older guy furrows his eyebrows, but nods. "Is he your boy friend?"

I widen my eyes. "No, he's like my brother."

He nods. "Are you his sister, Valentina Lars?"

I narrow my eyes. "No, I'm a family member. Not my blood, though."

The man nods again. Does he communicate with nods? "I'm Adeline Meadows. And you?"

The man's features seem to hit realisation. I'm surprised he knows me. Not many people know me, at least people who aren't really famous. And I've never seen this man, so he probably wasn't apart of the social-famous circle.

"How old are you?" The man ignores my question.

I respond casually, pretending to not acknowledge the fact that he disregarded my question. "Eighteen in two weeks."

He nods, muttering something.

I felt a weight fall off my shoulders when I spotted Uncle Damon walk up to me. Gosh, did he really get ready to come get me? He still managed to look put-together and elegant with a black tight shirt and trousers. I quickly moved away from the weird guy - I forgot his name and the older guy so Uncle Damon wouldn't suspect anything weird or hurt them.

"Don't get mad," I quickly say when Uncle Damon places his hand behind my back, guiding me through the crowd until we reached an empty street that had his car in.

Uncle Damon opens the door for me. "I'm not mad at you, Adeline." He scoffs softly. "I'm mad at your parents and at my soldiers for letting you leave the residence."

I feel a horrible feeling rise up in me. "But my parents didn't notice, you can't blame them for anything that happens to me, Uncle Damon." I felt so guilty. I overheard Uncle Damon putting my parents at fault FOR everything. He blamed my eating problems on my Mama since she my whole childhood she'd make comments about me needing to be healthier and skinnier. He blamed my hiding-away from my family because my parents didn't help me socialize or force me to talk to them comfortably. He blamed my family and Bridget for my low-self confidence and self-esteem.

"Us parents are to blame if our child does anything wrong or out of line, Adeline. We as parents should protect and raise our kids with the way we want to imagine them as older." He gently closes his car-door, starting the engine.

I understood his perspective, but I can't comprehend why. "I'm sorry for following Valentino. I just..."

"Next time you want to go to a race, you ask one of your Uncles, Father or me. Valentino isn't much capable of racing and watching, you. Adeline." He drives. "You're not twelve anymore. Be more responsible, dear."

I nod. "Thank you for coming at such late time." I glance at the time, it was already five in the morning?!

Uncle Damon glances towards me, his face aware of something going on. "I know I'm not your priority, but you're the only person who I trusted to come. I'm really sorry." I add.

He sighs, shaking his head. "You are one of my main priorities, Addie. You're like my second daughter, and imagining something would happen to you would destroy our family."

I smile softly, placing my head against the window. At least an adult in this family believes I'm worthy.

____

I'm so sick of school.

I'm also tired of writing. I wrote five chapters today and the brainstorming (for king of vengeance) I did while writing KOR seems to have face away. Out of ideas, gotta brainstorm again. It's 4 am, help.