CHAPTER 3 -Kame Island-

Start from the beginning

My gaze involuntarily fixated on her. Time seemed to slow for a brief moment, and an unexplained longing stirred within me. It was as if the universe had paused, allowing me to drink in the essence of her presence.

'Rin...'

Her flowing black hair, tied up in a ponytail, framed a face adorned with a playful scowl. The vibrant red outfit she wore accentuated her lively spirit, and her entrance had injected a burst of energy into the room. Yet, my attention lingered on her, and a subtle warmth spread through me, defying any rational explanation.

"Ah! Just the person I've been looking for! Mèi mei, come in, look who we've got here!"

'Mèi mei?' My attention shifted to the chieftan as he called her.

Is that her name?

"Oi, Gokuro..." She stopped abruptly, her eyes widening in recognition as she took in the sight. "Wait a minute," she exclaimed, her scowl giving way to a perplexed expression.

"Weren't you the guys I bumped into yesterday at the port?"

"It's that mysterious red lady!" Alluka beamed at her presence as she ran and hugged her.

"Alluka! You're here too?!" The girl's irritation melted into a mischievous grin. "It's great to see you again!"

Gokuro's eyes widened with surprise as the girl acknowledged her acquaintance with us. "Oh, you've met these newcomers?"

"Yeah, bumped into them by accident at the port yesterday. Small world, right?" She flashed a mischievous grin, her eyes dancing with a playful glint.

Gokuro's puzzled expression deepened as he scratched his head, "But, wasn't yesterday supposed to be your meeting with the matchmaker?" he pointed out, a quizzical tone in his voice.

"Oh! Look at the time, nice meeting you. Then, it's best to be on my way--" Before Gokuro could delve further into the matter, the girl interjected, diverting the conversation with her trademark wit.

"Where do you think you're going, Mèi mei? I haven't finished talking with you yet." Gokuro crossed his arms. Noticing his intimidating aura, the girl sighed and turned to face the imposing man.

"What is it?"

Excusing her mischief with an understanding chuckle, Gokuro began. "Well, Mèi mei, I have an idea. Since you've already met our guests and seem to have a knack for spontaneity, how about you become their tour guide?"

The hesitated for a moment, a playful smirk still lingering on her lips. "Tour guide? You're kidding me, right? Nah, I've got better things to do."

Gokuro leaned in, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial tone. "Well, I did hear that the matchmaker has some availability this evening."

The girl's eyes widened for a split second, and then, with a sudden change in demeanor, she straightened up and adopted a more professional air.

"Hello and welcome to Kame Island! As your tour guide, I'm excited to show you around our beautiful island. So, what do you prefer? The laid-back vibes of the beach or the cultural richness of our heritage building?"