An unraveled secret

In the afternoon, I followed Anabella after she met with Mandy, I kept listening to every conversation they had and she completely refused to marry Thomas till the last plea. I must meet Anabella immediately, I have to talk to her. What reason does she have to keep refusing the marriage proposal, I suspect there is foul play there.

"Anabella" I called out to my friend whom we had gotten closer throughout making Doris jealous. "Hey, Dylan I didn't know you were around", she said and I replied "Yes". "So I heard your conversation with Mandy upstairs, why are you denying the proposal vehemently I suspect that something is eating you up that you do not want to share with anyone", I said. "So feel free to share it with me" I concluded.

"So since you asked about it, I will grant you your wish" she replied with a smile and turned with her back facing me "I have come here to meet the one who is meant for me," she said. Her reply gave me a little headache as I couldn't understand well so I decided to ask her "Meet who?". "The one I am meant to be with" she answered. "Really!" I was surprised as I smiled, "don't worry I will help you with it," I said. "Who is the person just tell me or show me his picture," I said.

"It is you, the person standing right in front of me right in this room and staring into my eyes," she said as I stood shocked. "Wait! Are you okay?" I said. "Yes, my to-be husband is you," she said again as she tried to hold my hand but I stopped her. "Don't try that with me" I said as I walked backward, "I am a married man and I respect my marriage so much. We may be friends but friendship has limits and jokes as well" I said as I laughed out. "Do you still think I am joking or playing?" she asked as she advanced to kiss me right on my lip.

That move she attempted made me so angry "Just shut up and get off me in peace" my voice began to get dormant and loud. "I won't say or do anything now, tomorrow will speak when we are getting married," she said to my surprise seriousness was written all over her face and I understood that it was no more child's play anymore. "what rubbish are you saying?", I asked her.

"Because it is what is destined and cannot be reversed, it is fated," she said which made me more angry about what rubbish she was ranting about. "Well then, I warned you enough so now say goodbye to your existence, you don't know me you don't know who I am or where I have come from, you don't know the kind of power I possess. So I will tell you" I shouted as my eyes turned red and scales covered my face and body. "You must have heard a lot about my kind from stories and folklore, yes I am true and I am a merman, the most powerful of them all".

Despite all my threats, she just laughed and smiled while I wondered what was so funny about it all. She closed her eyes and opened them revealing those pink whitish eyeballs in them, as pink scales covered her body and face. A crown appeared on her forehead just like mine and I Immediately understood who she was, the Isnamermaid. "If you are the Isnamerman I am the Isnamermaid, if you are nature I am your destiny, if you are the most powerful of them all then I am the most elite of you all," she said.

And as for my sister, she isn't but just a human placed under my spell. It is in the history book that the Isnamerman and Isnamermaid must get married" she explained further and that brought up a question in my mind. "But my father did not marry in that way, my mother is not the Isnamermaid, and have you talked to her about it?" I asked. "There were some circumstances then so your father did not marry my mother, that is why the title of the two powerful positions are given to different families after the death of the two but in the case whereby your father and my mother did not marry, it was transferred to me and you to continue the legacy and this time around there is no obstacle", she explained while I looked on. I didn't want to go and most importantly I didn't want to leave Doris alone.

"But there is an obstacle because I haven't finished my mission here," I said with a smile knowing an obstacle had been created. "Wait, it is not possible. You won't be able to find the rest of the demon until you get married to me because as you know everything is written in my book, the Isnamermaid's book. You will get the answers to your questions when you marry me and we become one, our powers will increase and we will be able to avert the early deaths our parents suffered. Now the ball is in your court to play it is not in your court, it is a must-do tradition. Thus, sever all the ties you have firmed with Doris" she said as she went back to her human form, entered the car, and left while I stood where I was not knowing what to do.

I entered Marvin's room with tears flowing out of my eyes, I couldn't hold it anymore. He stood up from the reading table he sat as he rushed over to my side and hugged me "What's wrong?" he asked, I released myself from the hug and explained everything to him in detail. "That is your fate" he replied. "what! I didn't expect this reaction from you. I have said so much and you are still supporting Anabella" I shouted. "That
is the rule of Lemuria, there is nothing you can do about it. You have just 24 hours to do it, once you marry the Isnamermaid we will all go back to Lemuria then Isnamermaid's book will reveal the rest of the traitors we are looking for. Your union with her will open the Isnamermaid's book for the first time in history since we are in urgent need of it" he said.

"I am married and I am not ready to let go of Doris because am in love with her" I shouted. "Yes I know even though you never admitted it but don't forget you are the Isnamerman, you are not made for love but for duties. After being crowned, there is a new life which is what you are experiencing now" he answered then I sat on the floor as hot tears prickled down my cheeks, there was no way out for me again as I was already hooked on this one but I have to do something to avert this unwanted destiny of mine. I understood that
moment Doris was the only woman I would want to spend the rest of my life with.

"I won't just let this by, I have to speak to Anabella right away" I stood to my knees as I hurried left the room. My phone was not with me, I needed to get it quickly. I opened the door to my room where I met Doris who was seated on the reading table, I quickly hid my face from her so she would not notice my moody face. I felt a light touch on my shoulder as I turned to look and I saw Doris, I couldn't hold back the tears they poured out. "Hey, Dylan what's wrong," she asked but I leaned forward and planted a kiss on her lip, she quietly parted her lips as she kissed me wholeheartedly. After the kiss, I hugged her tight as if she was a teddy bear in my hand.

"Don't ever leave me" I managed to say. "Wow, that is so strange coming from you who loved me for my money but no problem I assure you because I am fulfilling my duties in this marriage already. I am supposed to be angry with you but I can't and I don't know why" I heard her say and I was delighted she wasn't. That was all I needed, I released myself from the hug, and I went out through the door "What! Where are you going so late at night" I heard her say. "I will be back, await good news," I said as I hurriedly for down the stairs.

I looked into the messages on my phone, M&B was the name of the hotel where she had told me to meet up with her tomorrow before the wedding would take place in Lemuria.

I entered the hotel room where Anabella stayed breathing profusely, "Hi" I said. "Welcome my King" she responded sharply with a smile on her face. "It looks like you have accepted it before I thought, that's nice," she said as she stood up towards me. She carried the small bag which was placed on the table as she headed towards the door, I ran after her and held her hands, and she turned to face me. "I cannot marry you", I told her quietly but Anabella gave me an angry look instead. "You will follow my rules, so don't mess with me. Living with humans has completely wiped away your merman knowledge that you can't remember anything?" she asked.

"It hasn't wiped anything, it is just that I cannot get married to you because I am in love with Doris" I closed my eyes as I admitted the truth before her, I slowly opened my eyes to see the reaction on her face but to my surprise it was calm.