Ch. 23 ✨The Wedding Day✨

Start from the beginning

Above my head is a glistening crystal chandelier, with a streamer that says Congratulations! in cursive black letters.

There are a few wooden chairs displayed in front of the archway Charlie and I had made/decorated with a bundle of white and red roses, there petals slightly scattered on the red carpeting we laid out on the main pathway. 

Angel Dust sits in the chair up front, his legs crossed, and his arms outstretched behind him, looking nice and comfy, with a soft smile on his face, only growing wider when he looks over his shoulder at me. 

I nod and wave a little at Angel, and he winks, giving me a thumbs up with a toothy grin, his golden tooth sparkling in the hotel light. 

Husker sits on the other side of Angel, smiling just the faintest. Even his stone heart is feeling a little joy about the moment that's coming. And Niffty is bouncing in her chair excitedly, wearing a little flower tiara I had woven for her.  

Vaggie and Charlie let go of my arms, going over to take their seats, giving me thumbs up and nodding excitedly, their eyes telling me that I got this. 

I inhale another breath, and begin to slowly walk down the red carpeting, that'll lead me to where Alastor stands, his hair combed and tied back, his suit brand new with decorative black stitching, golden cufflinks, and his monocle freshly cleaned and looking brand new. 

His hands are clasped behind his back, before the clinking of my heels makes his head turn, his eyes widening when he sees me for the first time, in my wedding dress, approaching him to become officially his wife. 

For a moment, I swear he's going to faint, but he doesn't. His smile only grows softer, as his both his hands clasp around mine, our eyes staring lovingly into one another. 

Since in Hell, there isn't a such thing as a minister--this is Hell, we're talking about--so the closest thing we could even get, was Charlie asking her dad, Lucifer, to have us married. 

So, Lucifer opens up a book, and pretends to read the wedding words, even though he makes up his own to fit the Hellish world we live in. 

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered today to join Alastor, whatever your last name is--"

"Hartfelt," Alastor responds, glancing at him.  

"Hartfelt, and Y/N L/N, in Hellish matrimony," Lucifer looks at me, "do you Y/N take Alastor to be your husband? Through the bad and good times, in sickness and health--even though we're all dead and we can't get sick--"

Everyone chuckles softly. 

"--but jokes aside, do you take him to be yours? To love and to hold, to provide and to help, till the end of Hell?"

"I do," I smile softly, feeling joy flood my chest when I know that in just a few moments, we will officially be husband and wife. 

"And do you, Alastor, take Y/N to be your wife? Through the bad and good times, through the PMS cycles, and the random cravings for food, and the little demands a wife will need to feel special?"

I can't help but bust up laughing, raising a hand over to my mouth to keep from laughing even harder. He's just being honest, after all. And it's funny as Hell. 

"Yes, I do," Alastor grins, leaning closer to me, "through anything and everything."

I blush, and Lucifer smiles. "By the power vested in me, Lucifer Morningstar, king of Hell, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Alastor lifts my veil over my head, and I inhale an excited breath, closing my eyes, awaiting for his lips to touch mine. 

Though instead, I feel his arms wrap around my waist, picking me up and spinning me, before he then kisses me fully on the lips.