𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

Jack and the other new face you'd never seen before waltzed up beside you and Jeff and Jack uttered with a distinct note of urgency in his voice, "Jeff...It's great you and the kid seem to actually know each other and all but I think it's best we leave before any unnecessary altercations arise."

"We're leaving?" You piped up, glancing to Jack, "where are we going? We're going home with Jeff? Is Miss Jane and Mary coming?"

The prolonged silence that followed your question bothered you a bit, and you slightly shrunk back as Jeff seemed to glare at you. He eventually scoffed, "Who the hell's Mary?"

You smiled at his question and darted back to the door of the house, "Mary's Miss Jane's wife, wanna come see her? She's so nice!"

Just as you were reaching to open back up the door and Jack was going to grab you from your spot before you could, the door suddenly swung open and Jane abruptly appeared with Mary tagging along behind her; you noticed Jane had donned her mask and in her hand was gripped a handgun.

"Jeff....." She uttered, her voice venomously dark. She spat Jeff's name with such a gross hatred that even you were taken aback by the tone of hostility.

"...Miss Jane—!"

"[Y/N], get in the house. NOW."

Confusion overtook you as you tried to process why Jane was now shouting and Mary's face was wrought with terror as she stared past you at the three men. "But..."

"GET IN NOW, [Y/N]!"
The second time she yelled, you suddenly felt the urge to cry. Why did she seem so angry all of a sudden? Why did Mary look scared? You turned and glanced back at the other three. The brown haired man who you hadn't even been introduced to yet stood beside Jeff with an unreadable expression. Jack remained standing off at the side watching Jane in dead silence while Jeff laughed in a taunting manner, beginning to slowly approach the women. "If it ain't Richardson...long time no see eh?" He scoffed airily, "I wouldn't have minded an introduction with you if you didn't suddenly feel the audacity to shout at my kid. Now who the fuck gave you that right?"

"Don't get any closer to me or the damn child otherwise I swear I'll end you, like I should've done years ago," Jane spat, suddenly holding up the gun and pointing it at Jeff's figure. Seeing this sudden gesture scared you, and you let out a bewildered shout, instantly wrapped your arm around Jane's leg. You began crying and pleading for her not to hurt Jeff.

Jack stepped up with the intention to grab you again but Jane switched targets to him, threateningly holding the gun in his direction, "And you too, you fucking traitor. Don't touch them, back the hell up!"

Jack didn't back away but resorted to freezing, neither closing the distance nor furthering himself from you and Jane. Jeff had stopped approaching as well, but the grin he wore only grew wider in appearance. He tauntingly played with the harness he wore, decorated with all the weapons he carried, as if teasing Jane that he sported more dangerous forms of assault than she. "You can't threaten me when you're the bitch that napped MY child. You don't expect repercussions for your scummy actions?"

"The child was never yours to begin with." Jane scowled through clenched teeth behind her mask. The intensity of her voice, like you're never heard before scared you, but you were more scared for Jeff as it was him she seemed the most infuriated with. "I don't know what your godforbidden intentions were, kidnapping and pulling this helpless child into these cursed woods, but I'll see that it ends here. You won't be brainwashing them with your shit. I won't let you harm them any further."