𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

Ch 6

Ch 6

Your POV

       It's been a few weeks of you living with your new guardian, Jeff The Killer. You've grown used to him and his rough, yet somehow 'caring' personality. You still had occasional moments where you sat down and sulked, remembering your parents and the life you've had with them. Every now and then you'd find yourself crying about the situation, but whenever Jeff would come around you'd make sure to shut up, as you had quickly learned not to cry around him or do things to irritate him.

       This ordinary night, you were sitting down on the couch playing on one of the phones that was once your parents—it was now yours, according to Jeff. Jeff had gone out for the night, but he wouldn't tell you where. He'd left you with a bowl filled to the brim with candy, a bunch of your toys he had gotten you over the weeks, and the phone for emergencies.

       He also gave you a bedtime for some reason—which he didn't used to do before, but you weren't going to listen to him anyways. It was now nearing midnight and you were still up, giggling at more Assassination Classroom episodes that you've been watching on your phone. You didn't really understand it but Jeff had introduced you to something called anime and you thought it was more cartoons so you were willing to keep watching them.

       In the middle of watching, you hear what sounds like loud scratching sounds coming from the back of the cabin. Your attention immediately turns in the direction of the scratching and you watch the area in silence. The scratching had ceased for a while until it shortly started up again.

       "Jeff?" You whispered, sliding off the couch and walking to the furthest wall of the cabin, the side where the single room was located. You press your head against the wall and hear the scratching coming from outside, but it stopped again seconds after you listened in.

       You backed away from the wall and stare at it in confusion, then stop when you hear heavy footsteps now pacing around the cabin, heading towards the front. You guessed that Jeff had returned from wherever he'd went and knew you might get in trouble if he saw that you were still awake far past your given bedtime.