Chapter Nine: Chunin Exams Part 2

The written exam didn't go as smoothly as Naruto would've wanted it to. It was horrible. He had no clue what to write but to be fair it worked out in the end considering he DID pass the first part. 

The second part of the exam began, some crazy woman ended up hosting it. Naruto found himself a bit annoyed since his new teammate couldn't get her eyes off Sasuke. He didn't like her, deep down he knew he liked someone else and this girl would never come close to her. 

Although it wasn't fair Sasuke got all the girls, he was some weird creepy guy anyway. 

They were given scrolls, one each per team and their goal was to capture a second scroll and make it back to the safe point. There was five days in total and he was sure it would barely take him one. (He's wrong btw) 

An hour into the exam and he was already being beaten up by some large snake that came out of nowhere. Turns out a weird girl he saw earlier wanted Sasuke for some reason. He doesn't care, they could take Sasuke all they want but he wasn't gonna let them. 

Even with all the extra trading he still found himself too weak to even protect Sasuke. He watched from a distance, as they were being attacked but he couldn't move. He felt himself losing consciousness then everything went black. Who knows what happened after that. 

All he knows was that he woke up in a cave, just him and Sasuke. What happened to the other girl who he kept forgetting the name of? He heard a loud fight coming from outside but he felt too weak to move so he barely crawled his way over to the entrance where he got a tiny peek of the outside. 

Sakura? What was she doing here? 

He watched as she fought the sound ninjas with ease. Actually, like always he felt jealous. He was always jealous of her, ever since they were little. He remembers that at some point he admired her, so what happened? 

He looked over to the right where he spotted the filler teammate and saw all the guys she had. Surprisingly she was still conscious. He let out a sigh before slowly making his way over to the hurt girl only he couldn't really make it since his body have up mid way. Letting out another frustrated sigh, he looked over his shoulder and saw Sasuke.

Naruto felt the creepy aurora around him, he was practically glowing purple?! He keeps getting weirder and weirder, that was just one more thing he would add to his "Weird traits of Sasuke" bucket list. "Creep." He muttered before looking back over to the fight. 

All the sound ninja seemed to be down in less then three minutes, to say he was jealous was an understatement. He envied her. It wasn't fair, why was she always better than him? He worked just as hard yet she made it so much farther. Every time it felt like he made progress, Sakura had already gone fifty times ahead of him! 

Life is just rigged. He slumped his face in the dirt and let out another depressing sigh. Life really just wasn't fair. 

——-

Naruto's pov: 

It took us awhile, more like a really long time, but we got the scrolls. On our way towards the safe point I thought about Sakura. It was amazing how far she's come, of course all jealousy aside. I dint get how she knew we were in danger though. 

It was like out of nowhere she came. Maybe she had been watching us the whole time? I looked over to my teammates and saw how tired and exhausted they looked, Sasuke with the weird tattoo that old lady gave him and the girl had bruises everywhere. 

"Look at that, team seven passes the second exam," I grin proudly but Sasuke ruined my moment when he smacked my head. "Just be quiet for a minute." He mumbled. The random girl started swooning over this guy, hugging him and everything. Gross to be honest.