Just Say You Hate Me

This cannot be happening. Where in the frick frack am I? Did I start sleep-walking again? But the medication I've been taking was supposed to prevent that! Maybe I got kidnapped? But then why am I alone? Oh my grass!?! I'm so annoying that people don't want me, even if I'm sleeping. Not even my kidnappers want to be around me!! Did I have another dream about the 2016 Suicide Squad joker? Gosh frack-it, I thought I was over him. We don't fantasize about fictional evil men... even if they are slightly, kind of, really really attractive. And now I'm alone in the middle of nowhere.

At Least I had a good nap, but at the price of what? Maybe the pain in my neck is from where that creepy person hit me. Why did they kidnap me anyways? I'm no one of significance. Maybe it was another stalker? Are they coming back for me? Frick frack frick frack frick frack- no. stop. It's okay. At least I'm not dead. Although, death doesn't sound half bad. It's like a forever nap.

If they were coming back, I doubt they would leave me here untied. Speaking of which there is no tent or anything. It doesn't look like anyone but me has been here. There are no footprints of passage left through the tall swaying grass. No crushed flowers. No weapons. No water bottles. Absolutely nothing besides wildlife and myself. Besides where I lay, everything is untouched. What is happening? How do I get home? I bet Jess is worried.

Well... anyways. I don't think this is good. A beautiful woman such as myself lost in the woods with nothing on her. Besides clothes. Speaking of which, my clothes feel oddly baggy. I tentatively look down. Scared all I'll see for clothes is a measly blanket or some random man's t-shirt. Luckily, I see neither. Unfortunately, I don't think this is my body. I find that my hands are smaller and seem strange. This isn't my hand. The skin tone is the same, but the width of my palm is different. I also find that my clothes are way too big. I'm drowning in my clothes. Clothes that were once a little small because I put off shopping for years. My body is so much smaller than it once was.

I take the time to calm myself and get some semblance of where I am. I may not be the smartest, but I am a bookworm. And I soaked up random facts and knowledge like a sponge. Proud knowledge bowl and mathlete highschool kid right here. I stumble to my feet. Rolling up the pant legs of my pajamas. Retying the string to rest comfortably on my waist without slipping. I let the shirt drape over me like a dress.

Once I've finished adjusting my attire to accommodate what will probably turn into a tiresome adventure called, 'Find civilization and don't die,' I look around and take in the beauty of my surroundings for the first time. The grass, while slightly itchy, is also soft in a weird way. The trees are old and looming. Their trunks house wide and skyscrapers tall, but beautiful. The sunlight gave the leaves an ethereal glow. Actually everything was basically glowing. I was surrounded by so many different shades of lush and vibrant greens. The grass clearing was littered with varying flowers I had never seen before.

Butterflies and bees wandered through the air. Buzzing around me. It was actually kinda nice. Comforting in a way. As I watched I felt the overwhelming anxiety that had risen within my chest subside a little bit. With that I drew a deep breath and took a step forward. I'd need to find the exit to this forest and a town if I wanted to find my way home. And maybe figure out why the fudge I seem to have shrunk, but I'm hoping that was just a fluke. I'm sure I was just seeing things cuz I was tired and disoriented. I made a point of not examining myself any further. I was going to steadily continue to bask in my own delusions.

I could feel the lack of strength in each step I took. My legs protested each yard I moved, but I was determined to get out of here. As I ventured farther in no specific direction it became difficult to walk. My feet were bare and sore. Eventually I would have to stop and take a break.

When I heard the sound of running water. It was like a gift from the heavens. Granted they've only gifted me after cursing me to horrid fates. The slimy custards. With shaky legs I rushed towards the sound. Falling to my knees as soon as I reached the small river. Almost crying with relief at the sight of clean looking water. I hadn't realized how hungry and thirsty I was until coming in contact with water.

Greedily I scooped up handful after handful of the water. Groaning in contentment as the cool liquid soothed my throat. I felt like some sort of wild animal. Speaking of which, are there any friendly animals that would be willing to sacrifice themselves for a good cause? The cause being my survival. I'm starving, and despite my efforts I haven't been able to recognise any of the plant life. So fruit is out of the question.

Maybe fish? Or a rabbit? I might be able to set up a trap. Sitting up I looked around for material to begin my hunt. Only to pause right after. Do I have a way to cook whatever I catch? I could find flint rocks, but this doesn't seem like the right terrain for those. It is flint that is used in movies right? Or maybe I could twirl two sticks together, but it will take ages and I don't have the patience for all that.

I groan loudly. Why does this shit always happen to me? My mom died, she was a jerkface anyways, but still hurt. Years later my dad passed away. I hopped through different foster homes, not fun. Then I had a stalker that the police refused to help me shake off. Until the mother fudger broke into my home. Now here I am, in the middle of nowhere. All because of what I'm assuming to be another stalker ripping me away from my home and bringing me here. Gosh frickin frack-it.

Is there a way for me to bring some water with me? I stand and look around. I could make a sack out of leaves and grass. It wouldn't be the most sanitary, but it's better than dying of dehydration. Plus, I highly doubt grass and leaves are going to poison or contaminate the water.

Unfortunately for me the leaves are what seems like miles out of my reach. The leaves on the ground are crunchy and few and far between. I officially hate life.

"If anyone is out there... JUST SAY YOU HATE ME ALREADY" I scream so loudly my throat feels a bit sore afterwards, but immensely satisfied.

I need more water. Fuck it, it might not be good to chug water. Then again at this point, who cares? This forest seems to go on forever. Maybe I should follow the river? I'm sure it'd be better than walking carelessly walking in a nameless direction. Maybe I'd run into someone refilling their water or something. With that I set off again. Following the flow of the river. Hoping I'd find refuge.

A/N 

Sooooooooo, hello again.

1) Did the MC feel like an rational but dramatic adult? That's kinda what I'm going for.

2) I'm trying to decide on an updating pattern. Every Sunday? Every other Sunday? Every Wednesday? idk. but if I don't create a consistent and steady pace I'll become consumed with the ideas and them follow a very uneven flow of creativity and loose sight of this fic. I don't wanna do that. I'm super excited for this one. So this is a shorter chapter, but the next one will be long to see how I feel about writing them.

3) I officially hate social etiquette.

4) This is also posted on my ao3 account. Under the same name if you'd like to check it out there. I update quicker on ao3. 

Anyyyyy wayysss

Would you rather be a praying mantis or a sea slug?