chapter seventeen

JASON

Pain, heat, and bitterness, like he stood in the pits of hell, washed over him. His breath grew ragged and he felt his heart quiver and stop. He gasped and coughed when it came back to life rapidly. Bright lights shimmered before his closed eyes. He pushed the pain down and fought to control the bonds he held with his pack. The only way to keep them from feeling his loss of control is to sever his own alpha bond with everyone. The loss of a bonded alpha would hurt but they would accept Kevin as the new alpha quickly. The pain washed over him in waves and he felt his heart quiver with the strain. He pushed forward and like a rabid dog he ripped the bonds apart.

He felt bonds disappear and a soft relief touched his shoulders. Every bond was cut and he was now totally alone with his pain. Darkness and a cool wave of peace crashed down on him. His body relaxed and he felt his heart slow to a soft steady beat. The pain he felt is now just a throbbing manageable feeling. His body no longer burning in the depths of hell. He felt the cool cloth from Gina’s steady hand and he could feel someone else’s presence, Kevin possibly. He no longer could tell who was around him because all the bonds and emotions that they all once shared are now gone.

He let the blackness of unconsciousness take over. His wolf would need time to heal and his body could no longer stand the pain of waiting.

Gina sobbed as she gently stroked Jason’s head with the cool cloth. “He isn’t dead, but he is no longer our alpha. What will we do?”

Kevin held his head and waited for the burning in his chest and stomach to stop. “We will figure that out soon.”

Loud cries erupted from the cave as the pain of a severed bonds spread throughout the pack. The fading light of the day adding to the darkness surrounding the people who now seem lost and broken. Screams and crying the only sounds echoing throughout the small world the rogues pack.

Kevin let his eyes drop to the floor. “I know what he wants me to do, but.”

Gina sniffled and flinched at the crack in his voice. “If he believes you can do it, you shouldn’t doubt him. I love you, and I believe you are capable of taking over. The entire pack will follow you.”

Kevin let out a shaky breath. “I will wait three days before I create a new bond.”

MARILYN

Tyler held her in place as she tried to fight him off. Her strength almost matching his. Angela rushed into the room with wide eyes. The look of horror that crossed her face made King Lance spring into action.

“What do we do? She is in so much pain her wolf might take over!” Lance’s worry softened his yell like command.

Angela twisted her apron in her hands. “There really is nothing I can do. Wolfsbane will harm her and even if we tried to force her to calm down she may not react the way we want.”

Tyler grunted when she landed a solid knee into his side. Her strength and skills slowly getting the better of his. If she hadn’t been trapped by the witches she might of killed the entire pack herself. “I won’t be able to hold her much longer.” Tyler’s voice sounded strained.

Angela rushed forward to help hold Marilyn down. “Bonds broken need to be replaced or some other feeling must over power the pain. It’s how the bond factor works. Kiss her and try to make some kind of feeling overwhelm the feeling of pain. Anger, pleasure, or something else.”

King Lance stood back watching helplessly. “I cant create a new pack bond with her because she is blood tied.”

Tyler grunted when her knee struck his side once more. His eyes glowed and he let his wolf come forward. Her silver eyes locked with his and he moved swiftly. His body covered hers and she was pinned to the bed. With both of her wrists in his one hand above her head he felt her emotions start to turn. He held her jaw with his free hand.

Angela stepped back to stand beside King Lance. They watched as Tyler firmly kissed Marilyn. The tension of the room dropped quickly to be replaced with something else. Tyler broke the kiss and slowly pulled away from her. He could feel the pain in her body shrink and the strength in her body left with each breath she took. Her eyes slowly flashed back to gray. He leaned down and softly kissed her forehead.

Marilyn felt the pain fade slowly and her wolf calmed down. The feeling of Tyler’s weight on her made her feel a different kind of burning. She tried to squirm but his body held her trapped.

He softly whispered in her ear. “Please don’t move right now. I won’t be able to control what happens if you move.”

Their eyes met and the dark look in Tyler’s eyes held her captive. She could tell he was trying to be gentle but his body was not listening. His hard muscles flexed and she could now feel every inch of him. Her eyes widened and she could feel her wolf pushing back forward.

King Lance cleared his throat and broke the spell between them. “I must go attend to.” He waved his hand. “Some business.”

Angela’s smile widened when King Lance quickly exited the room. “I will leave as well. Goodnight to you both.” She said bowing before following in King Lance’s footsteps out the door.

Marilyn stiffened and looked back up. The dark brown eyes watching her made her blush and forget her pain. Slowly he moved off her and sat on the edge of the bed. His voice was husky and low and made her insides quiver with need. “I won’t lie and say I’m sorry.”

Marilyn slowly sat up. She felt breathless and her entire body throbbed with a soft ache. “l won’t  ask it of you.” She whispered.

He ran a hand through his hair and quietly sat looking at the door. Marilyn’s eyes flicked between him and the dark window. She felt shame at how her body reacted and her heart throbbed with the dullness of loss when her mind pulled Jason forward. She closed her eyes. She felt her heart split into two different pieces and her world tilted.

Tyler grunted and slowly rubbed his side. The bruising from her knee was still a deep purple and slowly healing. He looked down and frowned. It’s the first time a woman has ever left a bruise. He felt pride in that and slowly turned so the his back leaned against the headboard.

“Did I do that?” Her soft voice pulled his eyes to lock on her. She looked like a goddess and he sat quietly not answering. “Did I hurt you?” she said more firmly moving to crawl up the bed.

“Stop. Don’t move and don’t touch me. Please.” He said in a low tone.

She flinched and her eyes flickered from gray to silver and back again. “But, I.”

He held up his hand stopping her from speaking. “Don’t.”

Tyler instantly regretted his harsh tone. She looked hurt and she instantly pulled away from him to sit with her knees to her chest.

He let out a small breath. “I don’t want to hurt you.” He said in a softer tone. “You have went through so much in a short time and I don’t want to do anything to hurt you.”

Her eyes hardened and she moved to her knees leaning closer to him. “If you don’t want to hurt me then why are you pulling and pushing me at the same time? You are kind one minute and mean the next. Do you even think about what I want? You took my revenge from me and you are making me feel things only Jason has made me feel. Don’t you think that is painful to me?”

Tyler felt the wave of jealousy hit him and he met her hard glare. “I did what I did and I don’t regret it. I wish I could erase everything from that beautiful head of yours until I’m the only thing left. Don’t you think it’s painful for me to watch you in so much pain because of some low  station alpha. I want all of you., dam it!”

She gasped and her eyes softened. “I.”

Tyler grunted and reached for her. His fingers slowly caressed her cheek. “I want to make you forget every second of the past and make you mine and only mine.” His fingers moved down her neck to trace the soft skin between her neck and shoulder. “I want my mark to be right here right now.”

Her eyes widened when he suddenly grabbed her and pulled her to his chest. His lips softly kissed the spot his fingers just touched. She tensed when his teeth grazed her skin and he let out a small growl. Her blood ran hot and she felt the heat of his skin. Thoughts of deep blue eyes the only thing holding her back from just letting go. She pulled away slightly and his grip tightened. His lips stopped moving on her skin and he just held her. His hands now stroking her back and hair in an attempt to comfort her.

“I won’t hurt you and tomorrow night I will take you to his pack so you can find out for yourself if he lives or not.” Tyler said softly.

Marilyn felt his heart crack and knew he didn’t want to do this, but she felt her heart reach out to him for it. “Thank you.”

He changed her position so she lay beside him. “Just sleep and get rest.”

Marilyn smiled and curled into his side enjoying the warmth of him. If Jason is alive would she be able to let Tyler go? Would Tyler be able to let her go? She closed her eyes and let her mind run wild. She thought of Jason’s hands and Tyler’s hand and the thought of them together. She moaned in her sleep and pressed her body against Tyler’s. He groaned and held her still.

He felt his control slip, but he held fast. His thoughts quickly going to the sick way the Moon Goddess played her games.