Chapter 7: Echos of Maulara

"Where the hell is she!" said a high pitched voice that echoed through the metallic hull of a spaceship.

"L-lord Hale, please let me explain," a small figure attempted to speak, but the emperor swiftly silenced him with a tiny red energy beam, extinguishing his life instantly.

"Damn it! Roul, what was her last location?" Hale barked at an alien in the main control area of his ship. Roul was a large alien that had purple skin, with strange bumps that covered the entirety of his head and body.

"Her last tracked location from her scouter is on a planet called Moulara, in the North Galaxy, Sector I-67," Roul responded with a deep voice.

"Moulara? Do I know this planet?" Hale inquired.

"No sir. It is the first time we've come across this entire galaxy," Roul replied.

Hale grinned sinisterly. "Perfect. Let us give Moulara a visit and maybe destroy it afterward?" Hale ordered, turning in his chair to get up. Hale, a Frost Demon (or Frieza-race), had small horns pointing upward out of his head, which resembled a light blue helmet. Lime green skin covered his body, and he wore blue armor with a green emblem in the middle.

"Set coordinates for Moulara!" Hale commanded.

"Yes sir!" a random henchman responded, typing at his control module. "Target acquired. It should take a little over a month to get there."

"Then what are we waiting for, get a move on!" Hale shouted, causing everyone else to leave the room except Roul.

"Roul," Hale said.

"Yes sir?" Roul asked

"Gather a few Saiyans and send them ahead," Hale said. "The pods are much faster than the ship so maybe they can do the job for us."

"Of course sir," Roul said, leaving the room.

Roul quickly made his way down the ship's corridor. After a few seconds of walking, he turned and entered a room filled with about 20 Saiyans.

"Alright, I have a mission for a few volunteers!" Roul raised his voice. "I need a small group to go to planet Moulara to get a rogue Saiyan, orders of Lord Hale."

"Why don't you go," a Saiyan in the back retorted.

"Excuse you?" Roul asked, getting upset.

An abnormally tall muscular Saiyan with short light purple hair stepped forward, revealing himself. "I said why don't you go do it."

Roul growled but kept his composure. "As your superior, I order you to gather a few men."

The purple-haired Saiyan signaled two others to approach Roul. Once the two Saiyans were on either side of the purple alien, they fired a barrage of Ki blasts at him. Roul easily blocked them and swiftly retaliated with tiny energy beams, killing one instantly. The other struggled to get up but was swiftly eliminated by another beam. The other Saiyans stood still.

"Is that really the best you can do, Ruko?" Roul snickered.

"I'm terribly sorry; next time, they'll take you seriously," Ruko replied sarcastically.

Roul rushed towards Ruko, grabbing him by the neck, and the other Saiyans pointed charged Ki blasts at Roul. Then suddenly, Ruko's hair turned lime green as he quickly transformed into a Super Saiyan. With a swift kick, he sent Roul flying.

"You'll get your men once you help me," Ruko said, dropping out of Super Saiyan, his purple hair falling back down his face.

Roul got up, brushing himself off, before getting a serious look on his face. "What do you want?" he growled.

Ruko smiled. "I think you know better than anyone."

"What are you talking about?" Roul asked.

"The dragon balls, dumbass."

Roul's expression turned worried. "How do you know about those?"

"Let's just say I know a Namekian, and that's that," Ruko smirked. "I also know that you wouldn't want Lord Hale to know about them, so you can have them for yourself, or am I being too far-fetched?"

"So what if I was, there's nothing wrong with being selfish," Roul tried to defend himself.

"My thoughts exactly," Ruko said before getting serious. "I'll give you my men, but I want those dragon balls."

"T-that's absurd, I'm not giving you the dragon balls."

"Then your not getting my men," Ruko threatened. "And Hale can find those dragon balls himself."

Ruko, weighing his options, thought of a compromise. "You know what, I can do that. I'll send you all off, and Hale can kill Escaro when we get to Moulara."

"Then it's a deal," Ruko said, putting his hand out to Roul. Roul looked at the Saiyan's hand and scuffed, smacking his hand away.

Moments later, a group of pods shot out of the large ship, catching Lord Hale's attention. "What do those Saiyans think they're up to?" Hale almost laughs. "Destroy them immediately." The ship's main guns charged up and fired, destroying all but one pod. Ruko's. Safely flying to Moulara, Ruko now had just under a month before Hale arrived to potentially destroy the planet. In the meantime, he relaxed, contemplating his next move.

"No survivors, sir, just rubble and scrap," Roul reported to his emperor, who smiled widely.

"Very well. I'll just have to wait until we get to Moulara to kill that rogue myself," Hale said, a little agitated.

"Yes sir," Roul said, quietly taking a sigh of relief.