Chapter 5: Confrontation and Unveiled Gratitude

Airil and Kami emerged from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, their bodies adorned with bruises and scars. The first sight that greeted them was the trashed lookout. Kami surveyed the area, while Airil cautiously descended the stairs.

Upon reaching the lower level, Airil discovered Escaro sleeping on Kami's bed, her destroyed scouter lying in the middle of the floor. Airil silently retreated back to Kami at the top of the stairs.

"It's the other Saiyan. She's still here, sleeping," Airil whispered.

"What—!" Kami covered Airil's mouth before he could awaken Escaro, then released him. "Okay, so what should we do?" Kami whispered.

"I think a surprise attack would work," Airil suggested.

Nodding, they both stealthily descended again. However, when they reached the lower level, Escaro was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, she jumped from the shadows, firing a massive Ki blast at Kami, knocking him across the room. Airil reacted swiftly, striking Escaro and sending her through the roof onto the lookout.

Regaining control, Escaro halted her flight, but Airil had already circled behind her, landing another hit and sending her back onto the lookout. Airil barraged Escaro with Ki blasts, surrounding her but avoiding direct hits.

"Are you even trying to hit me?" Escaro scoffed.

"No!" Airil responded, continuing the assault.

Amused, Escaro questioned, "Then what are y—" only to realize all the Ki blasts were surrounding her. "Oh," she managed before Airil shouted, "Hellzone Grenade!" The Ki blasts converged on Escaro, hitting her simultaneously.

After the smoke cleared, Escaro lay on the ground, badly wounded. Airil descended, landing beside her. "I thought you were stronger than us?" he grunted.

Unnoticed by Airil and Kami, Escaro ingested a Senzu bean. Instantly, she sprang to her feet, delivering a powerful punch to Airil's gut. Doing a backflip to create distance, she assumed a battle stance once more, appearing revitalized.

Airil spat blood, then shouted, "Kai-Oh-Ken!" A red Ki flared around him as he went for a gut punch, blocked by Escaro. Despite the block, she was sent flying. Airil rushed past her, delivering another hit before shouting, "Kai-Oh-Ken! Times 4!" Charging a Kamehameha, he yelled, "Ka! Me! Ha! Me!"

Focused on Escaro, who had fallen immobile, Airil disappeared his attack and dropped out of Kaioken. Cautiously, he landed beside her. She was still breathing but unconscious. Airil picked her up and carried her toward the lookout's building.

"What are you doing?" Kami asked as Airil walked past him, laying Escaro in his bed.

Airil, without a word, checked her pockets, finding a sack of Senzu beans. "She must have used these to heal herself," he said bluntly.

"Let me have a look," Kami insisted, taking a couple of beans. "My, these look like Senzus," he said almost immediately.

"What?" Airil asked.

"Err, follow me," Kami whispered, not wanting to wake Escaro again.

Exiting the room and closing the door, Kami explained, "Senzus are magical beans that, once consumed, grant complete regeneration, healing all wounds and restoring stamina."

Airil took one and ate it. Instantly, he felt his strength and energy fully restored. "Wow, that feels great," he complimented.

Kami nodded but then became serious. "How did she get any Senzus? The only place I know that has these is in the gardens of King Kai, and he doesn't just give them to anyone, especially someone like her."

"We could always ask her," Airil suggested.

"We could, but that would require her to wake up," Kami growled, eyeing the door where Escaro lay.

"Come on, Kami. I'm more than strong enough to calm her down if she tries anything," Airil pleaded.

Kami pondered before giving in. "Fine, but on one condition."

"What?"

"Take her to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. At least there, I know she can't do any harm."

"Alright, no problem," Airil said, opening the door to see Escaro standing, holding herself up with an end table. Kami got into a fighting stance when Airil said, "Wait."

"Please. Don't hurt me anymore," Escaro struggled to say. "If you're gonna kill me, just kill me."

Airil approached Escaro. "Why would we kill you?" Airil's tone remained devoid of pity.

"Save your mercy," Escaro retorted coldly, a hint of appreciation beneath her exterior. "I won't forget this."

Without uttering a word, Airil turned and walked away, leaving Kami to nod in approval. Escaro stayed silent, her eyes following them, a complex blend of emotions lingering just beneath the surface.