"I could-" Wukong swallowed thickly, then put on his best smile, "I could travel by sky and you can go that way. We can just meet up there?" he offered, knowing he could just give Macaque the location. He wasn't going to just invite himself where he wasn't wanted.

He watched Macaque's shoulders visibly loosen, his eyes shifting to him. Considering that, he gave a nod. "That works," Macaque's ears lifted, eased and calmed. He seemed back into a better mood as he smiled at MK, "Who do you wanna go with, Moon Drop?"

Xiaotian, the easily distracted child, was on his knees and looking down at his Baba's feet, "Puddle," he pointed to the circular pool that was bubbling and growing from Macaque's power. He patted it a little, watching how it swirled and twisted about his fingers. He giggled, wiggling his fingers like it was goo.

A mischievous grin spread across Macaque's face as he realized that this was the first time his offspring would witness his true powers. "It's my shadow," he calmly explained, expecting questions or concerns.

Instead, MK greeted the puddle with a cheerful "Hello, Baba's puddle!" and waved to it as if it was completely normal.

His parents had taken this as the child mistaking the portal as a rain puddle. Though, MK had seen "shadow puddles" like this many times before at his own feet.

He liked when his Uncle Sandy fell into them and popped back out. It was so silly~

MK leaned over to peer into the abyss, chirping and tilting his head. He stuffed his hand into his pocket, pulling out a few pebbles and rocks he had buried within his jacket. "Hungry puddle?" he asked, plopping a few of the stones within.

Macaque's lips curled, eyes crinkling. He would have to fish those out later. "I-It's not really, alive, kiddo," he says, trying not to laugh.

MK stared at him, not stopping in his task to drop rocks into the puddle. Of course the puddle was alive. MK's was, afterall. "..." Plop. Plop. Plop.

Macaque watched, his lips a thin line, "But uh- y-you can still do that, I suppose."

"Ya rascal, you're gonna get that "puddle" all plump if you keep feeding it," Wukong teased as he played along with the child's thoughts, messing up MK's hair in the process. The child immediately squealed and protested, flailing his hands at Wukong's cheeky gestures.

Fixing his hair, MK looked up at them, "Hand, Dada." Xiaotian insisted, making grabby hands at him. If they were going home, clearly they should go together. This just made sense in the toddler's eyes. Wukong tilted his head, placing his hand into MK's curiously.

"So you wanna go home with me?" he asked the child.

Similar to the night before, MK grasped Wukong's hand, then turned and took Macaque's. Standing between the two he jumped and swung a little, eyeing the puddle. "Let's go!"

He wanted them to go together.

"Oh uh-" Macaque's tail anxiously curled against his own ankles. Just a moment- right?

They would reach the temple in a matter of moments. He realized that this was something he would just have to become accustomed to. If MK suggested they do small tasks like this together, Macaque wasn't sure if he could refuse. MK didn't know- and he shouldn't have to be conscious of their own issues. He wanted MK to live a carefree life.

Of course he would want to spend time with both his parents. He was a sweet boy like that.

"Ah well, yes... o-of course," Macaque squeezed MK's hand, drawing Wukong's startled gaze.

"What?? But-"

"It's fine," Macaque says sharply, looking ahead, ready to plunge. In and out. Just a moment of pure connection, where their magic intertwined. A moment of feeling Wukongs' very essence against his soul, surrounded by his magic. To feel his touch on such a level again... Holding him, seeing him...