Ch. 19✨Face To Face✨

Magsimula sa umpisa

I sit up, breathing heavily, my vision still a blur from Donovan's punch, but I can see plain as day Angel laying limp. Fear floods my chest as I try to crawl to him, forgetting all about Donovan. The only thing on my mind is to go see Angel, to make sure that he's still alive. 

I reach halfway, before a hand grips the back of my hair, lifting me off the ground. I scream, trying to pry Donovan's fingers from my hair, feeling the roots being ripped out of my skull by the second. 

Donovan breathes heavily, his eyes a black nothingness, his fangs sticking out of his mouth, as blood drips from his bottom lip and forehead, staining his clothes. 

He pulls me closer to his face, whispering menacingly. "Did you really think a little girl like yourself could beat me?" He hisses, squeezing my hair tighter. "You're nothing but pathetic, stupid bitch whose Alastor's little toy." He slams me to the ground, causing the wind to be knocked out of my lungs.

I gasp, trying to regain my breath, feeling Donovan kneel down and grab my hair again, lifting my upper half to meet his height. Blood stains my teeth, and bruises are all over my forehead. 

He smiles softly, raising a finger to caress my cheek. "You could have had and been so much more...if you chose me instead of him," he smirks, flicking one finger as if he's flicking a razor blade open. He pulls me closer. "But oh well, I guess. It'll be much more fun hearing you beg for mercy." He chuckles, trailing the sharp clawed finger down my neck, leaving a little cut which causes me to hiss. 

"I like to cut things," he whispers, his long, black muscle of a tongue slipping out of his mouth as he lingers near my ear. "It's one of my specialties, putting my mark on people's skins, seeing their blood...hearing their screams." Donovan shudders in delight from his own words, before I feel his tongue caress my ear, which causes me to flinch away. 

Though by fighting, I give him the pleasure of hurting me more. 

"I'll have quite fun with you, though," he whispers, "maybe I'll even let you live, with one of my permanent marks on your beautiful, soft...skin. But," he smiles, "I might just kill you in the end. I haven't decided yet. Though I suppose we'll see where it goes from here."

He drops me to the ground, before slipping on top and leaning over me, keeping me from escaping. "Now hold still and let me carve my name in your skin." 

★★★

*Alastor's POV*

I wander a dark world made from a black nothingness, my feet aimlessly leading me left and right, forward and backwards. Though no matter how long I walk, I see nothing. 

I glance around my surroundings, oddly feeling as if I'm in a familiar place...is this a dream? But nothing here gives me an answer. 

I look down at my hands, before I see a sudden flash of white before me, snapping my head back up, only to see my beloved Y/N standing there, smiling softly. 

Seeing her face floods my chest with relief as I try to approach her, but when I take two steps, she disappears through the ground, causing me to halt. And then, there's silence. No Y/N, nothing here at all...

I look around one last time, and that's when I hear it. 

A scream. A loud, horrid, scream from a woman's mouth. One I know all too well...