Ch. 16 ✨True Colors✨

Start from the beginning

"You didn't know?" I ask, which causes an amused chuckle to leave his lips.
The hand holding his cane tightens. "I had heard, but amused it to be false due to the fact that no one has ever seen this overlord. But hearing you say it," he chuckles again, raising his cane to touch my chest with it's tip.

"Then it must be true," he smiles, a smirk almost, "I'd believe anything you tell me."

My insides twist again at his...weird, and unsettling comment, delivered in a tone that doesn't settle well with me.

Donovan lowers his cane. "Sadly, I do not know the name of this Overlord. He's quite the mystery," Donovan turns, "but I have faith that you will find out in due time."

I open my mouth to speak, before I watch as Donovan reaches behind him, extending his hand for me to take.

"Join me on the balcony, it is much to crowded here. Allow us to go someplace where we can...really speak."

I swallow the lump in my throat, refusing to take his hand as I walk past him onto the balcony.
I don't see the lewd smirk on Donovan's face as he follows behind me.

We step onto the stone balcony, Hell's sky a bright glowing red, as a full moon has risen.
The commotion and terror down on the streets of Pentagram city only adds more to this already slightly terrifying moment.

Donovan stands at my side, hands clasped behind his back as he exhales a soft breath. "Quite the view," he says, his eyes staring into the scenery. "Though I have seen better."

He looks at me. "You seem troubled," he turns, leaning against the railing as his eyes look into mine. "Shall I lend you my ear?"

I glance at him. "No."
He chuckles. "Such a hardheaded woman you are," he taps at my skull, "how does Alastor withstand you?"

I smack his hand away. "I ask that you keep your hands to yourself, Donovan," I say in a firm tone, wanting to get my request through to him once.

Donovan exhales a breath, glancing at the red sky. "Did you know that I am a fallen angel?" he says, which grabs my curiosity.

I look at him.

He exhales softly, his shoulders sinking forward. "Both Lucifer and I were casted out of Heaven due to our...ambitious ideas. Heaven didn't want to listen to us. They're pricks," Donovan rolls his eyes.

"But down here, Lucifer gave me a place to rise, a reason to be me. I owe him my entire existence honestly..." he trails off, his hands twisting. "Though, me and Lucifer aren't on good terms much anymore."

"Why is that?" I ask, which causes his eyes to meet mine.
I shudder a little.

"Let's just say, I abused the powers Lucifer gave me..." he sighs, before looking at me. "Enough of that though, let us discuss this demise situation. You...do realize that no demon has ever been able to escape it?"

"I do," I exhale, clenching the railing. "But that stops now."

Donovan chuckles softly. "Love...what a strong emotion. Your love I must confess is quite rare and beautiful," Donovan extends his hands, performing some movements before suddenly a black and gray rose appears before him.

My eyes widen when he passes the rose to me.

"It's a shame someone like Alastor has captured your heart," he whispers, his fingers caressing my hands when he passes the rose for me to take.

My eyes widen, as another wave of fear and dread fills my stomach.

"Dono-"

"I can't help but wonder, if you had met me and not Alastor, would you have loved me? Would I have been your entire world? The one you would give anything and everything too?"