XIX

CHAPTER NINETEEN: MINISTRY MANIA

"Astoria." I walked into the room, her and Blaire were doing homework.

"What's up?" He turned around and faced me.

"Naomi is staying here tonight. I need you to make sure she's ok." I told her. "It is really important."

Blaire walked over to the desk, looking at me.

"What's going on?" She asked seriously.

My jaw clenched. I didn't want many people to know about it. I really didn't even want Theo to know about it.

"I have to go somewhere tonight, I don't know how it'll end or what will happen, I just want to keep my sister safe." I said quietly.

"Matteo overheard you and Theo talking about something with his father. Is this what it is?" Blaire asked me, eyeing me closely.

My body stiffened once again. "Yes."

"Astoria will stay here, I'm coming with you." Blaire told me, getting clothes to change into.

"No. I don't even want Theo to go." I shut her drawer, almost smashing her fingers.

"Even though you were a bitch at the beginning of the year, you are not dying. I will not have you put yourself in danger without me being there." She told me, her voice stern.

"Blaire, please." I told her. "Please listen to what you are saying. You are almost failing Dark Arts, let alone defending them. You will not make it out of there alive." I condescended her.

Her jaw clenched. She knew I was right. "If you're not back by 6 in the morning, I'm walking to Dumbledore's office."

I nodded. "Thank you."

She went back to her homework and I got out a black turtleneck, slacks, boots, and overcoat to wear. Blaire watched as I put everything on, slowly fading into the shadows. She also watched me put the gun in my waistband.

"6 o'clock. Anything later, Dumbledore will know." Blaire told me as I went to the door. My wand was in my pocket and everything was ready.

I sent a message through Louie to Theo's dorm. Matteo couldn't know about this. Draco would be a risk too.