XIII

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: WEEKEND TRIP

Weekend before Yule Ball

Art was one of the many things I enjoyed doing.

I loved the simplicity of the black and white charcoal pieces and the extravagance of oil paintings. It was a way to express inner emotions without communication.

I sat in the classroom of the Muggle Arts, working on my project alone. Soft jazz music played in the background as I loved my charcoal around the paper.

Only three people took this class. It was amazing how it still strived in the school. The professor was half stupid and the supplies provided were shit. We took it because we liked the peace of art.

My tie was laying on top of my robe, which was draped over a chair in the corner. The sleeves of my white t shirt were rolled up to my elbows and the first few buttons of my shirt were undone. My hair was messy and the glasses I wore were slowly getting dirty.

"Ciao Bella," footsteps from behind me made me turn around in an instant.

A smile formed on my face, putting the charc down and lightly throwing my arms around his neck. He smiled and kissed me on the side of the neck, causing me to pull away to look at him.

"I don't want to get you dirty." I walked back over to the easel, wiping my hands with a wet rag I had near me.

Theo walked up to the paper, his eyes scanning over everything. He watched as I closed the box of charcoal and put it under the easel.

"What is it?" He asked.

I turned back to him, smiling. "It's obvious." I stated.

He looked back at me, then to the paper. "I thought art always had a meaning behind it?" He asked.

I pursed my lips. "It's a woman." I crossed my arms as I looked at the painting with him. "I think her life is falling apart." We both looked at each other. "What do you think?"