"Talk about too good to be true. This island sounds like a fever dream." Hiccup said as they looked over the drawings.

"Wonder how it's actually done..like do they just come back as they were when they died? Or are they reborn and have to age up all over again?" Toothless asked curiously.

"Don't know. It's probably explained further in the chapter though."

"Oh. Right, duh." Toothless said as he lightly hit his forehead, then went back to reading. "'Depending on how the dragon died and the types of people who wish them to come back, their reincarnation varies. There is not a set way for the Night Fury in question to be reincarnated.' Well that answers those questions."

"It sure does." Hiccup said with a small laugh, then he flipped through the rest of the chapter, taking notice that the rest of it was just drawings of things on the Isles and depictions of what the island is capable of. "Seems very illustration heavy. Not a bad thing though, honestly. You still wanna keep reading or do you want me to take over?"

"Um.." Toothless thought as he glanced at all the drawings then looked back at his dad. "Can I keep reading?"

"Of course. I'm not gonna stop you. Just wanted to see. Go ahead bud." Hiccup said as he gestured to the journal with a soft smile.

Toothless smiled back then put his full attention on the journal again as he resumed reading.

"'While most dragon species age quickly, we Night Furies age like humans would. This is because we were blessed with the ability to transform into humans to blend in with them as a way of protecting ourselves in dire situations. Because of this, females go through human pregnancies and can choose whether to go through the human way or the dragon way of carrying their hatchlings. This changes how a hatchling will gain their other form. If they are born human, they will gain their dragon forms as they reach their third winter of life. If they hatch as a dragon, they will gain their human form the same way a human-born hatchling would.'"

Once he was done reading that page he noticed that there were just drawings and raised a brow in confusion.

"That's it? Why is chapter two so short?" Toothless asked.

"Not much more needed to be explained about it bud. Pretty simple thing to explain." Hiccup said with a shrug.

Toothless nodded slightly and flipped to the next chapter, beginning to read it in intrigue.

"'Something very special for our species is the bonding process. There are two types of bonds. The parental bond and the species bond. The parental bond is when a hatchling in a desperate situation will bond with the first human it comes into contact with, leading to that human transforming into a fellow Night Fury to raise the hatchling as their own.' Hey, that's what happened with you and Kala, Dad."

Hiccup chuckled as he nodded. "It sure is. But I am curious about this species bond it mentioned. What's so different about it?"

Toothless shrugged then went back to reading the chapter.

"'The species bond, compared to the parental, only happens with matured Night Furies. Like the parental bond, it can only happen to a human. How the species bond is activated is by a human witnessing a Night Fury transform into their human form. When this happens, the human will lose any romantic interests they had beforehand and gain feelings for the Night Fury.' Ugh..gross.."

Hiccup shook his head as he stifled a laugh. "Well that answers that."

"'Even though the human gains romantic feelings for the Night Fury, this does not mean that it will end up in a romantic relationship. How things proceed between the two all depends on the Night Fury. They could keep the bond relationship platonic and be there for the human as they go through the transformation, or choose to be in a romantic relationship with the human and become mates.' Gods, I hope that never happens to me.."

HTLANF AU: How to Raise Your Night Furiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें