26. Call It Quits ♡

𝘔𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘘𝘜𝘐

𝘔𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘘𝘜𝘐

The man them unserious yuh fret.

Why them up a the front a the class a talk bout them ago keep devotion.

I knew damn well they didn't know a single church song or a single worship song.

We were supposed to have class devotion today, that's devotion in your home room.

Tell me why the teacher tell the man them fi go keep devotion.

"Come help we nuh Four Yiy," JJ waved La-Tania up to the front of the class where they were.

"Who?" She asked him, raising a brow. "Y'all are mocking the Lord, I'm not joining you until you start being serious."

"We look like like we know wah fi do?" He asked her.

Laughter echoed through the classroom, filling the air with a lively and contagious energy as students burst into fits of amusement.

The man dem nuh have no sense enuh.

"It's not funny," she rolled her eyes and sat down in her seat. "None a unuh in here doesn't have any reverence."

"Unuh know say Lopez naah run certain joke when a worship time," one of our classmates said.

"But we nuh know wah fi do fi real," JJ, attempting to stifle laughter, managed to utter a sentence with a suppressed chuckle.

Very unserious.

A the teacher fault stills. Why she tell them out of all persons to lead the devotion?

"Start with some lively choruses," someone suggested to him.

"Lively chorus them wah we know cyaa sing in here," AJ who had been silent said.

The renewed wave of laughter swept through the students once more.

As I glanced at JJ, I noticed him puckering his lips, a subtle signal directing my attention towards La-Tania, who was annoyed with their behavior.

A shake of my head in response only fueled JJ's laughter, turning a simple exchange into a shared moment of amusement, as laughter continued to ripple through the classroom.

Yuh know me a come go a me yard though.

Why me make La-Tania convince me fi come a school early?

Cause anything she say a law.

Where?

Rising from her seat, La-Tania gracefully moved to the front of the class, joining JJ and AJ in orchestrating the worship.

"Can go a me seat now like how yuh fawud don't?" JJ asked her.

She glared at him. "Stay so you can learn cause you need Jesus."