Infirmary Visit

"You weren't in the dorm when I got back last night," Juno nudged you in class. It was history of magic and you were not in the mood. You rubbed at your eyebags and groaned, "Yeah, something came up..." You shrugged, dipping your quill in ink.

"Very cryptic of you, what happened?" She asked, earning a loud shush from the professor. She whispered an apology and turned her attention back to you. "Nothing... Well, not nothing.. I just don't want to talk about it." You admitted and Juno nodded, taking the hint and going back to writing in her book.

You appreciated her respecting your wishes and lowered your quill to continue writing when the door opened behind you and in walked dumbledore. "Y/N Lupin, A moment, please." He said in his deep soothing voice. Juno looked at you surprised and you winced closing your book and hauling it into your bag. Your classmates all looked at you with dumb grins thinking you were in trouble, you could hear whispering as they all gossips amongst themselves. You assumed this wasn't a quick check up so you packed away your things and followed him into the hallway.

"Severus told me about your adventure last night." He said making conversation. Your heart sank and worried that you would be in trouble but his calm demeanour had you thinking you were safe for now. "If it weren't for you, your father would still be trapped there, Y/N," He said, sensing that you were afraid. You looked away from him, you couldn't bear thinking about him in that state. You looked at the walls and realised you two were walking to the infirmary, "Are we going to see my... to see Remus?" You asked. Dumbledore noticed your hesitance to call him your father and nodded, "Yes, I was made aware of the strange nature regarding your family, I had suspected for some time that something had happened, though I couldn't put my finger on it, of course I know now why that is," He chuckled.

"We think my mother cast a brainwashing spell on everyone.." You explained and he nodded like he already knew.

you got to the entrance of the infirmary and you stopped not wanting to go on. The tall archway door loomed over you and your stomach stirred. Dumbledore cleared his throat looking down at you warmly, "I know his condition is distressing, but he is being taken care of by our best wizards." He said and you took a deep breath nodding.

You waved your hand and the doors opened as you walked in. You saw Remus in bed and you ran over to him grabbing his hand, "Oh dad..." You croaked. His rosy cheeks had not yet returned, and he was still sunken and withered.

"Has he woken up yet?" You asked the nurse by his bedside. The nurse looked at you sympathetically and shook her head, "We're sorry, he's in a coma." She explained and you took a deep breath so you didn't break down. you hugged his hand for comfort, he was cold and clammy.

"Its perfectly normal for someone in his condition. he'll wake up before christmas, we're almost certain." Another nurse said.

You nodded and watched his chest rise and fall. His hair had thankfully been trimmed, though his fringe still clung to his sweaty forehead.

You looked around at the fairly empty hospital wing and felt a pang of disappointment when Snape was not here. "Has Snape been to see him?" You asked looking up at one of the nurses. She nodded, dabbing a clean cloth on Remus' forehead, "He stayed with him all night." She answered. You looked back at Remus and smiled warmly.

Dumbledore signalled for the nurses to leave and they did so until it was just you and him by remus' bedside. You sat by Remus and watched him sleep until Dumbledore cleared his throat. You looked up at him, "I regret to ask," He grumbled walking around Remus' bed, "Do you have any ideas as to where your mother would be?" He asked. You thought back to the empty camp and frowned, shaking your head, Dumbledore sighed figuring as much already.

"I'm sorry, the only place I knew she'd be was completely deserted..." you said honestly. Dumbledore nodded in thought and stroked his long white beard.

"Well, I suppose all that's left for you to do is go back to your lessons." He said and you swallowed dryly, "But-" You began to protest but Dumbledore held up a hand, "No buts, You've missed enough lessons, for now let's go back to normal." He said with a deep chuckle. You frowned defiantly, there was no way you could just pretend everythings normal.

"Easy for you to say, my dad who may not be my dad is in a coma and we've all been brainwashed by my evil mother who is conveniently missing!" You frowned. Dumbledore nodded listening to you and after a moment of silence he spoke up, "It's almost the triwizard tournament, will you be putting your name in the goblet of fire?" He asked curiously. You shrugged detached, "I dunno... probably not." you murmured, your focus back on Remus' sleeping body. "Well, it's always fun to watch as well. I will let you get on with things, don't worry about going back to your history of magic class, I'll make sure your attendance does not get affected." He said with a kind wink. You smiled up at him tiredly and grumbled a quiet thank you in response. You spent the rest of the hour watching Remus sleep, in case he would wake up. He did not.

(A/N hey everyone :) hope u guys had a great holiday + happy new year! expect more soon! :b )