The party part 2

The party was finally in full swing, the moon was high in the sky and you didn't care. Your head was in the clouds. "Ur like, one of those wizards right?" A drunk muggle girl asked in an obnoxious nasally voice. You looked down from the table you were currently standing on to look at the lady(she was dressed like a dog) who was slouched on a sofa with some friends and you nodded "yup I'm fhe real deal baby" you joked doing a little pose, the muggle rolled her eyes and grunted, "ok whatever, can u like, fill up my cup with your wizard powers? The drinks table is too far away." She said lazily pointing to the table which was five paces away. You jumped down from the table and tried your best not to wobble and shrugged, "I'm a wizard not a drink dispenser" you said and then walked away, you could hear the girl scoff and her friends were all giggling but you didn't care. "That was a nice burn you did there, y/n." A soft voice chuckled, you looked up and grimaced. it was Roman. "You don't have to talk to me just because I'm friends with ur cousin" you frowned and continued walking till you were in the garden which was all lit up with cheap pumpkin fairy lights.
Roman followed you smiling, "Im talking to you because I like your company." He said and it was you rolling your eyes this time.
You rested your back on a wall and sipped at your pina colada. It was a bit too coconutty for your taste but you weren't going to waste it, plus Claire made it for you so it would be rude not to drink it. Roman leaned back on the same wall and lit a cigarette making you stifle back coughs, "really? Are you trying to choke me?" You coughed and Roman shrugged. "You can move" he said and you stared daggers into him "YOU FOLLOWED ME!" You said angrily and he smirked and admitted defeat. He put out his cigarette on the wall he was leaning on and cleared his throat of any remaining smoke.
"Thank you." You said appreciatively but was still annoued.
You both stood in silence. Very awkward silenceZ.
The silence was broken when Claire came out and started chatting with zRoman and didn't even notice you were there!
"Hey Roman I made a new crink this one is a Bloody Mary! I think it suits you very well!" Claire said handing the red drink to Roman who looked very confused, "where did you get the tomato juice..?" He asked concerned and Claire smiled sweetly and shruggged "I brought my own" she said making Roman laugh before taking a sip.
You stood awkwardly and cleared your throat making Claire jump, "oh! Y/N! He he.. didn't see you there" she greated you embarrassed.
You smiled and waved her away, "don't worry about it" you smiled
Claire glanced up at Roman and laughed awkwardly and then looked back at you "you uh, want another drink? I see your cup is empty" she asked and you looked into your cup to see you had drunk the rest of the pina colada. "Uhm sure!" You answered finally.
"Anything you want in peticuler?" Claire asked fumbling with her own cup and taking glimpses at Roman. You gave knowing smirk and hunched your shoulders "surprise me" you answered and Claire did some finger guns and then ran off back inside.
You side-eyed Roman and noticed he was watching her walk away and you laughed quietly, "so, when did you two get so chummy?" You asked with little to no subtlety.
Roman looked taken aback by your sudden interest in his life and he gave an awkward laugh. "Umm.. she liked my car"
"Wha" you asked stunted. "Is this some weird new innuendo that I don't know about because if so leave me out of it" you grimmiced waving your hands in dismay.
Roman blushed through his vampire makeup and shook his head no, "no it's nothing like that!" He quickly explained and then you both took a couple seconds to laugh and calm down. "it was a few months after graduation and we happened to bump into each other at an ice cream parlour." He monologued.
"So did you drive your car into the parlour?" You asked stonefaced and Roman scowled at you light heartedly,
"We caught up for a bit and she saw my car out front and asked for a ride. And I guess we've been buds ever since." He said looking off with a soft smile on his face.
"Just buds, huh?" You asked unconvinced.
"...yeah?" Roman sad confused
"So that's how you look at all your buds when they leave a room? With that woozy stare?" You teased.
Roman was silent for a while after that and you stopped teasing.
"Well, I think she likes you too. You should ask her out man!" You suggested and Roman looked shocked.
"I would have thought you don't want me going out with one of your friends? I thought I was dangerous?" Roman brought up concerned.
You rolled your eyes, "im fine with it, really. Plus dangerous is a strong word. Im still standing so obviously you're not good at the whole killing thing." You joked and Roman flashed a whimsical smile.
"Oh you don't know the half of it" he laughed showing his fake teeth again. ... they are fake right?
You squinted your eyes suspiciously but was interrupted by Claire wh o was back with a multicoloured drink in her hands
"Hey y/nn~ I made you a rainbow cocktail! I couldn't decide what colour drink to do so I made a drink with all the colours!" She said cheerfully and you thanked her graciously taking a sip. It was hard to notice the burn at this point but in your drunken state it was easy to tell this one was loaded with spirits.
"How much alcohol did you put in this?" You asked through seething teeth.
"Uhh idk maybe a shot or two.. maybe three.. alright maybe four.." Claire admitted with a wide smile.
You shrugged,
"Thank you Claire" you said politely and took another sip. "I think I'll drink this one slowly" you added as your throat started burning again.
"Maybe you shouldn't drink it at all" Roman suggested but you waved him off "I'll be fine" you said, the burning was getting less noticeable he the second.
"Hey Roman, I was wandering.." Claire pondered shyly.
"What is it?" Roman asked curious.
"Would you like to go dance with me?" She asked nodding her head back inside where the music was playing.
Roman looked away blushing "I don't know.." he said hesitate.
You rolls your eyes and nudged him to go and he smiled appreciatively.
"Sure" he smiled at Claire and they both left, you winked at Claire as she left and she giggled excited.
You took another long sip and wobbled because the alchohol was really starting to get to your head.