Chapter 12-The Boiling Point

Gabriel slept soundly in his crib, his chubby hand laid on his tiny nose. His breath was slow and deep, and his curl black hair was a mess. I pulled his little blue blanket up to his little chin to keep him warm. A smile appeared on my face as i caressed his little cheek. Then I left my son to sleep in his nursery.
i went into Elijah's and I's room and got ready to get some rest. I put on my gray t-shirt and short pajama shorts, then hopped in bed. With in ten minutes i was fast asleep. A wonderful dreamless sleep.
Then in the middle of the night i heard a crash. I shot up in my bed and whipped my blankets of. With quiet footsteps I went to my door and slowly opened it. I peered down the hall and saw a shadow moving in the living room. Looking to see if I would be able to get to Gabriel in time. I slipped out of my room and made my way towards the nursery when the person called my name.
"James?"
I turned around and found Stan staring back at me. "What the hell are you doing? Get out now or I will call the police and you will be arrested for breaking and entering!" I screamed.
"Why did you choose him?" He asked. "Couldn't you have loved me?"
" No," I said, "I couldn't have."
"Why?"
"You're seriously asking me this?" I yelled. " you beat me because I gave birth to our child and never let me live it down!"
" That kid is a bastard!"
" No he's not! He's just a baby!" I screamed. " At least now he has a father that loves him. And I have some one who truly loves me."
"Shut up!"
"No!" I yelled. "I won't, get out of my house before I call the police Stan!"
"James please." he begged.
"I'm calling the police."
I went into the kitchen to grab my phone when I was yanked by my hair back on to the floor. "You will not!" he grabbed me from around my neck and started to hold my neck tighter and tighter. "Stan" i gasped. I started to claw at his arms and hands. So hard that I left gashes on them. When I felt like i started to take my last breath he let me go. "You will love me." he hissed, and I shook my head. He hit me in the face repeatedly. Then when he stopped and I saw his face. I crawled backwards as fast as I could across the kitchen floor. The whites of his eyes turned blood red and veins stretched under his eyes. The most shocking part was the fangs that appeared in his mouth.
"What the hell!? Are you a vampire" I screamed. He started to walk towards me, "Get away from me you asshat!"
He looked at me with a hunger in his eyes I had never seen before. "You smell so good."
He came closer to me as I screamed for him to leave me alone. Then he yanked me up by the hair. "You will love me!" He hissed in my face. His lips smashed on mine in slobbery desperate kiss. I push him away but he still has a strong grip on my hair. The veins and fangs reappeared on his face.
   His grip on my hair tightens as he brings his mouth closer to my neck. Terror strikes my core as he comes closer and closer to my clavicle. All the sudden he is ripped away and thrown to the wall. I'm thrown to the floor panting and the panic and fear course through my veins. I look up and I see Elijah.
With blood red eyes
Veins extending down his cheeks
And fang protruding from his mouth.

"Never touch her again!" Elijah yells at Stan.
Stan laughs "What are you gonna do if I don't?" He challenges Elijah.
    Elijah turns Stan around and grabs him around the shoulders and by the chin. I see him pull Stan's head off with little effort. I'm panting again and look from Stan's to Elijah. He's still looking at Stan's headless form. "No one hurts my family and lives." Elijah says.
   He turns back to me, and is completely unemotional. "Holy Shit." I say. "How old did you say you were?"

Elijah smirks. "A thousand years give or take."

I rub my sweaty palms on my legs and breathe through my mouth. "Ok then."