Chapter 21 - George's secret

Blake and George stood on the wooden bridge in the cool spring air, just looking into the distance. The beautiful scenery that was before them. Blake took a deep breath, feeling completely calm by the nature. 

George however was not as calm and was fidgeting, looking nervously between Blake and the scenery. 

"Blake, can I ask you something?" George finally asked, sounding nervous. It was unusual for him to be nervous. At least around her. 

Blake smiled at him. "Anything. You know that." 

He was quiet for a bit, looking for the right words. Blake didn't push him, knowing if he was this nervous he should be able to tell her in his own time. So she just kept looking into the horizon until he was ready to speak. 

"Uhm... so... you know how we went together to the Yule ball because none of us could go with who we really wanted?" 

Blake nodded her head. 

"The reason I couldn't go with the one I wanted... I mean the person I wanted to go with..." George let out a defeated sigh. 

Blake put one of her hands on his and gave him a reassuring smile. Assuring him he could tell her. 

"I like boys, I-I wanted to go with a boy and not a girl... I'm gay," George admitted, voice scared and only glanced at her direction. 

"You are?" She asked. 

To George's relief and chock, she didn't sound chocked, confused, disgusted, judging or any other emotion he might have feared. The way she asked it was as if it was the most normal thing he had told her, like she asked him what he wanted to have for dinner. 

"Yeah..." He told her, looking skeptically at her. 

"That's great Georgie, that you know what you want. I'm glad you told me." She smiled warmly at him. 

"And you're fine with it?" 

She chuckled, then squeezed his hand. "Of course I am. As long as you are happy, I'm happy too. I love you because you are you George. You're funny, caring, loyal, kind. That's who you are and those traits doesn't depend on who you date or love." 

George's eyes filled with tears, feeling such relief from finally telling and for being received with open arms. "I love you too," he got out on a shaky voice. 

Blake kept holding his hand and leaned her head against his upper arm. They stood like that for a few minutes, watching a bird fly further and further away in the sky. 

"So... wanna tell me who the lucky guy is?" She asked after a while and nudged his shoulder with hers. 

That made George smile. "It's a guy in Hufflepuff. But I don't even know if he's gay, maybe I'm reading the signals all wrong. So there is no lucky guy really..." 

"There will be," she assured him. "And he will be very lucky." 

"I'm guessing Fred already knows?" Blake asked after a period of silence. 

George looked at her nervously again and shook his head, "No, you're the only one I have told." 

"Okay. How come?" She asked calmly. 

"I guess I wanted to test it out with you first, before telling anyone in my family you know... Because if I got a bad reaction from you then... Well then I would know more what I could expect from them, and since they're my family... I'm just scared they wouldn't understand." 

"You have a very loving family George, and I hope and think they will only care about your happiness as well. But tell you what. When you're ready, how about you start with Fred? He loves you more than anyone on this planet, you two are parts of each other. He won't judge you." 

"You really believe that?" George asked her. 

"Yes. Yes I do." Blake said, sure about her answer. 

"You know you can come talk to me anytime you want right?" Blake asked. 

George smiled a genuinely happy smile. "Yes I know." 

"Do I finally get to know who you wanted to go with then?" George asked her. 

"I'm sorry George..." And she was, sorry. "It's just... It's not entirely my decision to decide when to start telling people and, well I don't think neither of us are ready right now." 

"And here I go telling you my inner secrets..." George teased her and bumped her shoulder again. Blake chuckled. 

They stood and talked for a while longer before it got to cold and they started heading inside.