Chapter 4 - Fred and George's prank

Blake had now been at Hogwarts for three weeks. During the weekends she had hung out with Fred and George mostly, but spent dinner with her friends in Slytherin.

George couldn't seem to grasp the fact that Blake had become close friends with the Head Boy, but they both seemed happy that she had made some friends and weren't totally alone in her house.

It was now Friday and Blake was in Transfiguration class with Fred and George, their last class of the week. In the middle of the lesson as McGonagall was explaining the spell for making the frogs in front of them disappear, several loud bangs were heard from the corridor outside.

McGonagall and the rest of the students in the classroom went out to see what was happening, but Blake didn't have to go out and check to know what was going on.

"Wicked," She heard Fred and George say beside her, as they looked at each other with triumphant smiles.

Blake gave them both a scowling look as they were sitting on either side of her in the classroom, before raising her hands and swatting them both in the back of their heads.

"I thought I told you this whole week not to do it, morons!" Blake scolded them quietly so only they could hear, before getting up from her seat and making her way out to the corridor as well, just to see it for herself.

Sure enough, the whole corridor had been filled with stink bombs and now smells disgusting, as green smoke filled the hall.

"We have to add that one to our list of products for our store," Blake heard Fred say to George, who were both now standing behind her as they too had gone out to the hall to see it, and Blake just rolled her eyes.

"You two!" Blake heard McGonagall say angrily as she glared at the twins. "Don't even bother denying it because I know it was you two!" McGonagall looked absolutely furious and Blake knew this was not going to end well for her friends.

"I can't even count how many times I have had to give you detention this year, and we are not even halfway through!" She kept shouting at them, and they had dropped their triumphant smiles.

"I should just expel the two of you right now so that we can finally have some peace and quiet here at Hogwarts!" McGonagall told them, everyone in the hall looking at the interaction.

Blake hadn't known Professor McGonagall for long, but had gathered that she could be very strict, and with this not being the first time Fred and George did something like this, Blake was sure she was serious with the expulsion part.

"Did you see them place those stink bombs Professor?" Blake questioned, still standing in front of Fred and George. She didn't know who looked more shocked, herself, or McGonagall for questioning a teacher.

Blake couldn't see Fred and George since they were standing behind her, but she guessed they were sporting shocked expressions as well.

"Well, Miss Beckett, I know you are new here and therefore do not know the ways of the Weasley twins as well as I do. I assure you I know their work when I see it," she answered, all high and mighty.

Blake challenged her yet again. "But if you did not see them do it, and you seem to have no witnesses of the event, how can you be sure? Are you truly going to expel two students because you simply believe it was them?"

McGonagall looked appalled at the way the young witch was talking to her, but Blake continued. "Do we not live in a society where one is innocent until proven guilty Professor?"

McGonagall looked furious but tried to hold it in as she spoke. "This is not a trial for murder Miss Beckett, but I do see your point. However, 10 points from Slytherin for talking to a professor that way and I will be sending a letter to your parents. Class dismissed!"