Chapter 9 - Arriving to the Burrow

France was nice. They had been spending it in Nice and Blake could enjoy the time with her mom. They almost felt like a family again. In the mornings they would go to cafés to buy freshly baked croissants before going to the beach, laying in the sun and getting tanned, swimming and reading.

Blake had mostly been reading the extra material she had gotten from Professor Snape, McGonagall and Flitwick before summer break. She took notes here and there in the very advanced potions book she had been given. This book wasn't even in the curriculum at school.

Blake's mom tried getting her to read something else and often told her that 'that book couldn't be much fun', but Blake mostly ignored those statements.

DADA was probably Blake's favorite class though, but she didn't have any extra school work for that class since they would get a new teacher so she had to wait until she got back to school to get some extra material. It was more of a hands on class anyway.

She was sad Professor Lupin wouldn't be teaching the class next year because she had enjoyed having him as a teacher. She knew Snape wanted the position but hoped he would stay with potions. Snape may be overly harsh on most people, and sometimes even mean, but he was great at potions and Blake wanted him to stay in that position.

Blake and her mother had just gotten back to their flat from France. It was still early in the morning, giving Blake enough time to unpack from France and pack for her stay with the Weasleys, whom she would be going to the next morning using the Floo network.

That evening her father came home, and to Blake's surprise he didn't drink that evening. They all had an awkward family dinner, not saying much to each other.

Blake didn't know what to say to him honestly and didn't want to say anything to him. She didn't want to sit there and act like the happy and perfect family they presented outwards, and pretend like nothing was wrong.

He mostly asked about France, and Blake would answer in short replies, a simple 'good' or 'fine'.

The next morning both her mother and father had gone to work early, and Blake didn't mind a bit, giving her time to take a shower and eat breakfast at her own pace.

After the shower she dried her hair and put on her outfit for the day. It was a rather warm day and she decided to put on a white t-shirt dress that went to her mid-thighs. She styled it up by putting a pink belt at her waist, and wore a pair of pink fishnet tights to match it. Then she put on light makeup.

When she was done, she collected her trunk and Dusk, and got ready to use the Floo. Blake had already passed her apparition test, even though you usually didn't do that until your sixth year, but couldn't do it unsupervised until she was 18, which was when witches and wizards could do magic outside of school and also when the trace disappeared. Which was only in 1 week.

She stepped into the fireplace and took a fist full of floo powder. "The Burrow," she said, making sure to speak clearly so she didn't end up somewhere else.

A second later she was in what must be the living room at the Burrow. No one was in there at the moment and Blake took a second to look around before she went to find everyone. There were pictures of the family hanging on the walls and a lot of color. Everything just looked homey.

She could hear chatter outside so she put down her trunk and owl in the living room and went to the source of the noise. When she stepped outside she saw Molly, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny sitting outside eating lunch.

Fred and George were sitting with their backs turned to her and when she noticed the rest of the family spotting her she put her finger against her lips, signaling for them to be quiet. She started sneaking up on them, the rest of the family pretending nothing was happening.