Chapter 10 - You didn't tell them?

"Why haven't you told us you have a hot brother?" Blake asked Ginny, trying to look stern but let a smile slip, telling her she was messing with her.

"You think... Bill is hot? You think my brother is hot?" Ginny asked, sounding confused and shocked.

"Have you seen him?" Blake asked, wondering how she could not see it. "Right Hermione, he's hot?"

Hermione seemed to think about her answer for a bit before replying. "I guess he's cool and kind of good looking. Not really my type though."

"Darling, he's everyone's type," Blake stated. "Too bad he's your brother, and eight years older... such a pity really." She let out a sigh.

"Euw, gross! I can't believe people find my brothers hot," Ginny said.

"Not brothers, just this one. Although, I haven't met Charlie yet. Is he also good looking?" Blake joked and Ginny made gagging noises while Hermione laughed.

After they had all calmed down Ginny spoke again, "It wouldn't be the worst thing if you were dating one of my brothers you know... Then you would officially be part of the family. Although I would seriously question your taste in men," she said honestly.

"Well, thank you Ginny, but not gonna happen," Blake told her. "I just think he's objectively hot. I mean, I think Alex is hot and you don't see me snogging him now do you?"

"Not that we know of," Hermione said under her breath, which earned her a glare from Blake.

They heard Molly call them to come down for dinner. She had made the table outside for them because it was a beautiful evening and still quite warm. Arthur and Percy had come home from work and Arthur was really nice. It was the first time Blake met him.

Percy talked to Blake about his job before they all sat down, which seemed like the most boring job ever to her and she found herself zoning out on multiple occasions.

When everyone began eating conversation around the table began. Blake found out more about Bill's job as a curse breaker and it sounded exciting. Not at all boring like Percy's job. Then the attention was put on her. 

"So, Blake, we have all heard nice things about you from our kids. But how did you meet Fred and George?" Arthur asked, interested in how they became such good friends. Blake thought they knew all this but guessed the Weasley kids had only told them random things about her rather than the story behind it all. 

So she began telling them about how the twins showed her to Dumbledore's office and that they got to bond even more when she got them out of expulsion. Molly gave the twins a glare that could kill when she heard they had almost been expelled. 

"They showed you around?" Bill asked her confused, or waiting for her to change her story saying she made a mistake in it.

"Yes, that is what I said... I transferred to Hogwarts during fall last year," she told Bill. This seemed to be news to Molly and Arthur as well, who assumed she had gone to Hogwarts all five years.

"And then you made it into Gryffindor too I suppose?" Molly asked Blake. This made her quiet and her smile dropped.

"You said you had told them," Blake whispered through gritted teeth, giving Fred who was sitting on her left, and then George who was sitting on her right, stern looks. Blake had asked them multiple times if their parents knew she was in Slytherin and they had said yes every time.

"It shouldn't matter," Fred whispered to her. Percy, Hermione, Ron and Ginny who all knew Blake was in Slytherin were waiting for her response, while Molly, Arthur and Bill looked confused at the exchange between her and the twins.

"Idiots," Blake muttered. Then she looked at Mr and Mrs Weasley, who were still waiting for an answer looking confused. You could probably hear a needle drop, that's how quiet it was.

"I'm in Slytherin," Blake finally said in a tone that sounded more confident than she felt. Now everyone was waiting for Mr and Mrs Weasleys reaction to this. Bill looked amused and tried, but failed, to hide a smile.

"Well, that is... lovely dear," Molly got out after a long and awkward silence but not sounding entirely convinced, taking a bite of her food.

"Slytherin has produced a lot of great witches and wizards," Arthur added matter of factly.

"So... You're not kicking me out?" Blake asked carefully, furrowing her eyebrows.

At that point Bill couldn't contain the snort that escaped his lips.

"Of course not dear," Molly assured her. "We know our children wouldn't like someone who isn't a nice person." But Molly still seemed a bit more on edge than earlier.

Blake let out a sigh of relief, knowing Molly would be back to normal the more she got to know her. 

Dinner was delicious. She had heard the Weasleys talk about their mothers cooking, but this was way better than she had expected. She did give Fred and George another stern look though that said that they were in trouble for lying to her.

"Talking about Slytherin, I just remembered something I was going to ask you about Snape's class," Percy started and looked at Blake. "Could I take a look at your potions notes from last year?"

"Perce, it's the middle of summer. You're out of school and you don't have to study anymore. What could you possibly need my notes for? Don't you ever take some time to just... relax?" Blake looked at Percy with raised eyebrows. 

Although she knew that the day Percy took some time to 'relax' would be the day he dropped dead. "Besides, you have already looked at most of them."

"I need it for a very important and secret assignment at work," Percy answered, a proud look on his face when he mentioned work. Fred and George rolled their eyes, tired of hearing about Percy's work.

Blake sighed, "they're in my trunk," and Percy rushed from the table instantly despite Mrs Weasley telling him to stay put until everyone was finished. 

"I thought you were in Fred and George's year? What could he possibly need a 5th year's Potion notes for?" Bill asked.

Her friends really hadn't told their family any details about her. What in the world had they told them? 

"Oh, I am in Fred and George's year, but I had Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts with Percy's year," Blake clarified for Bill.

Bill raised his eyebrows in shock and Blake had to explain how she finished the subjects at her last school. Even Mr and Mrs Weasley were a bit shocked by this, wondering how such a smart girl got together with their two troublemakers.

After dinner Blake went up to Fred and George's room. She gave them a bit of a scolding for not telling their parents about her being in Slytherin, but soon they were all laughing and joking with each other like nothing had happened. Blake couldn't be mad at them for long.