Chapter 3 - Starting classes

As Blake woke up she was excited for her first day of classes but her mood dropped quickly when Lucinda started making snide remarks.

Blake tried to ignore her best as she could, not letting her remarks get to her too much, but it was hard. They didn't hurt her, she just got angry. She got dressed and put on a white button up shirt that she tucked into the black skirt. The green and silver tie she tied loosely around her neck, and she also put on a pair of black leggings, finishing by putting on the shoes she wore yesterday.

She left the common room a bit before 7:30, wanting to get away from her roommates and not wanting to run into Malcom. She was meeting the twins soon, although she did not know if she would even be allowed to sit with them, since she had to eat dinner with the Slytherins yesterday. Before she reached the Great Hall, amazed by herself that she actually went the right way, she saw Professor McGonagall walk down the hall towards her.

"Professor McGonagall," Blake called out to her when she was close enough. "I just have a quick question if you're not in too much of a hurry."

"Not at all Miss Beckett, what can I do for you?" she asked with a professional smile.

"I was just wondering if you have to sit at an assigned table at breakfast or if you can eat with whomever you want?"

"At dinner during school days you have to sit with your house, but for the other meals it is up to you where you want to sit" McGonagall answered.

Blake thanked her before walking into the Great Hall. She immediately spotted the two redheads and made her way over there, earning a few weird looks.

She ignored all the stares and plopped down across from the twins, grabbing a plate rather harshly, earning a surprised stare from the twins and a boy she had never seen before that sat to her right. "I'm so over blondie," Blake told them as she started plating some breakfast. She looked up at the twins, who were now staring at her with amused expressions.

"What?" She asked them, confused at why they were staring at her like that.

"Good morning princess, aren't you just a ray of sunshine today," Fred teased and laughed a bit, which made Blake toss a piece of bread at him, and he only laughed more, George joining in as well on the laughter.

"I prefer 'ruler of everything that is dark and evil' actually," Blake told them, trying not to let a smile slip. "Seriously though, I think I hate her," she continued.

"If you're referring to Lucinda, then yes, she is not the most pleasant person," George said once he had stopped laughing at her bad mood.

"And don't you think it's just my luck that I end up having to share a dorm with her?" Blake told them. She didn't know why, but it was just really easy to talk to Fred and George.

"I'm sorry, you two know her?" The boy next to Blake said, who she had forgotten even sat there.

"We met yesterday, she's cool. When she's not ruling everything that is dark and evil" Fred said and laughed, making Blake laugh too and was instantly in a better mood. "This is our friend Lee Jordan. Lee, this is Blake." Fred made the introductions and Lee shook her hand, seeming a bit skeptical at first but once they all started talking some more it seemed like he too realized that she wasn't a bad person just because she was in Slytherin.

After they had finished eating breakfast she was in a much better mood, and once again excited for her first lessons at Hogwarts. Her first class for the morning was Charms with Professor Flitwick, who she learned was a very small and old man. She sat down with Fred, George and Lee, and listened intently to the Professor, and took some notes here and there.