Chapter 11 - Bill

The next morning when Blake woke up it was raining. It could be heard on the windowpane, which Blake found very calming. She put on a pair of black sweatpants and a matching black sweater, ready for a cozy day inside. She put her hair up in a messy bun. 

It was very early in the morning still and the twins weren't awake yet, which she wasn't shocked about because they never went up early if they didn't have to. They barely went up early even when they had to if she thought about it. Blake however was an early riser. 

So she grabbed a book and made her way downstairs. Molly was already up and Arthur and Percy were heading off to work. Blake chatted a bit with Molly in the kitchen and took the cup of tea she was offered. Then she went to the couch in the living room, opened her book and started to read. 

This time she had decided to read a 'real' book and not anything that had with her studies to do. 'Pride and Prejudice' could be read on the binding. 

She was so engrossed in the book that she hadn't noticed Bill walking up to her. She hadn't even heard his attempt to wish her a 'good morning'.

Suddenly she felt someone poke her on her shoulder, which startled her so much that she practically jumped off the couch as she let out a shriek. She thought it was one of the twins but when she looked up she saw Bill standing there. His hair was hanging loosely this morning instead of being up in a ponytail like yesterday, and he too wore loose clothing. Even when he wasn't trying he was hot, she thought. 

"Bill, you scared the life out of me," Blake tried to calm her beating heart from the scare he had given her. "You can't just sneak up on people like that."

Bill looked amused. "I did say good morning, it's not my fault you didn't register it."

"Oh... I'm sorry I guess I do that sometimes when I get too focused on something," Blake told him.

Bill sat down in an armchair, having his own cup of tea in his hands. "What are you reading?" 

"It's just a novel. Muggle book you know," she said, sounding more nervous than she wanted to. 

"Are one of your parents muggles or how did you get into it?" 

"My mother," she confirmed. "She would always read me muggle stories as a child." A small smile gracing her lips. 

"Can I ask what the book is about?" Bill asked, taking a sip of his tea. 

Blake nodded her head, "Uhm, so it's a love story between a man and a woman that takes place during the 19th century. The woman is from a big family and by no means poor but they're certainly not wealthy. The man however is from a very wealthy family, and they both are too proud to admit to themselves even that they despite all odds are falling for each other." 

Bill smiled as she explained the book to him. 

"This is probably my 6th time reading it..." Blake admitted. 

Bill chuckled. "Why don't you read anything new? It must be boring knowing what's gonna happen?" 

Blake thought for a moment. "I guess I like the safety of knowing how it will turn out. I can't get disappointed because nothing unpredictable happens." 

Bill considered this for a few seconds. He then put his cup down and stood up, going over to a bookshelf and scanning through it until he found the one he wanted. He then walked over to Blake and sat down on the couch as well. 

"This is one of my favorites." Bill held up a copy of Hamlet in front of her. 

"That is Shakespeare," Blake said in a questioning tone. 

"Yes...?" Bill answered. 

"I just ment... You read muggle books?" She questioned, quite baffled. It was not common that pure bloods knew about or even got interested in muggle things. Not that the Weasleys were the sort of pure bloods who discriminated, but it's just uncommon to come in touch with the muggle world if you don't have to. 

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me," Bill smirked, which made Blake blush a little. 

"Tell you what," Bill said. "You read this, and I'll read your book." He held up his book to her and looked at her expectantly. 

Blake looked back at him into his blue eyes. She looked a bit skeptical at first but then reluctantly made the swap. As they did, their fingers touched for a brief second and Blake couldn't explain why that small gesture made her nervous. 

Bill then went back to the armchair and opened the book she had been reading while giving her a warm look. Blake did the same and opened Hamlet, starting to read. 

Every once in a while she would move her gaze upward to steal a peak of Bill, but found that every time she did so, he was already looking at her. This made her quickly turn her gaze back into the book, while Bill concealed his smiles behind his pages and Blake her blushes behind hers. 

She found it extremely hard to focus on the words written on the pages because her thoughts seemed to only drift back to one person; Bill. His looks, his laugh and his calm nature. 

What must have been an hour later, Blake heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She looked up and saw Ginny and Hermione emerging. Ginny looked between Blake and her older brother, who thankfully had his eyes in the book still, because Ginny wiggled her eyebrows at Blake before she and Hermione continued into the kitchen for breakfast. 

She and Bill joined them a moment later when Fred and George had also come down, holding on to each other's books.