17

The sound of the adhzan woke her up and she felt the searing headache that hit her head even before she opened her eyes. Slowly, her eyes began to open and she started taking in her surrounding. At first, she thought it was the Fajr adhzan but the light she saw seeping in through the curtains made her realized what time of the day it was.

Slowly, as she took in her surrounding while she realized she was in Sareena's house and while she questioned what had happened and she had slept in Sareena's house, this long, everything began to come back to her brain and she abruptly got to her feet.

Immediately she got to her feet, Muhibbah walked out and she almost bumped into Sareena that had a tray in her hands. "Addah, you're awake. I was just about to come and wake you up." Sareena said while smiling at her. But Muhibbah's heart was beating vigorously, she had a lot of things to take care of.

Even though she had followed Sareena back into the room, she couldn't stop the first question that came to her mind. "Sareena, did Mama called? Has she looked for me?" She asked, because she knew if Mama found out that she had done what she did to Alhaji Nasir and walked away, she would be doomed.

"I called her this morning and told her that you slumped in front of my door yesterday at night," Sareena answered as she placed the tray down. She looked up at Muhibbah and patted the edge of the bed for her. "Come and sit, Addah. First, you need the energy to be able to fight this battle and then you need to calm down a bit, will you?"

Muhibbah did as she was asked, but she was far from being calm. "My phone got stolen, Sareena, and it has all the evidence I need to show everyone. What should I do? Or I should be clear to you, it got taken away by some men he sent..." From there, she told Sareena everything that had happened to her yesterday. From the warning Alhaji Nasir did, down to her walking up to her house.

Sareena shed a few tears as she spoke and when she was done, she gave her a very tight hug and Muhibbah closed her eyes because she had badly needed a hug for so long now. They stayed like that for a moment before they broke the hug and she looked up hopefully into her eyes.

"Sareena, what do you think I should do to get away from this man? How can I have this marriage nullified. I have all the evidences I may need. I've shown the to you and played it for you except for the last one, right? Who do you think will help you out of this?" She said with her voice breaking because she felt so helpless and so weak.

Sareena wiped at her tears before she thought for a moment. "Your father?" She said tentatively. They all knew the topic of Muhibbah's father was a sore one for Mama and none of them dared bring it up.

Softly, Muhibbah shook her head. She knew bringing her father into this issue will anger Mama more than nullifying the marriage. "I don't think my father could be of any help to me, Sareena. Mama will be furious if she knows about this. I just...I really don't know what to do at this point." She didn't try to stop her tears when they spilled out of her eyes.

Sareena placed both hands on her shoulder and shook her a bit until she looked right into her eyes. "Addah, at this point in your life, you need someone strong by your side. Myself and Muhammad can never do anything to you, we're all under Mama's control and a single word from her could have our mouths sealed. But your father loves you, trust me. And he'd make sure you get out of this, don't forget all the evidences you have, they're enough for any person to pity you and have this marriage nullified before Alhaji Nasir fulfill his desires."

Before Muhibbah was able to reply her, a call came into Sareena's phone and she showed her the screen, it was Mama. "You see? I'm sure she's going to ask about you or something related to you, I'm sure about it." She answered the call and put it on speaker mode.