cheese

Chapter 3

"And what smells so good?"

"Pizza that you can't have," Casey sneered. "We put extra cheese on it."

"Nick, you shouldn't be concerned who's cute when you apparently called me pretty," I joked. His face became red. "I think I have to talk to Oliver real quick."

Scarlett couldn't stop laughing. I looked at Casey with a smile. "It's so weird, I just met you, but I'd trust you with my life." Casey made a mock flattered face and laughed in a posh voice. "Well, I'm just perfect like that."

Nick returned to the room. "You never told me who was cute."

I took a bite of my pizza and made an it's-so-good-and-you-don't-get-any face. I turned back to Casey and Scar and put on the gossip-girl voice I had been working on since I met Scar. "Oh my gar, like, don't you think that new picture of Jared is like, sooo cute?"

Scar returned with an "Oh my gar, like, yeah. I, like, almost died when I saw it on his Insta."

Casey was hunched over laughing. Her blonde hair fell over the countertop, shaking with each breath. "Oh my gar," I laughed, "Casey's dead! Her har looks so baaad..." I flipped my own hair. "And mine looks sooo good!"

I roared with a high prissy laugh. Nick put his head in his palms. Scarlett laughed and continued the bit. "Look, here comes the, like, hottest jock!"

Nick put his hand on my shoulder and said in a low, idiotic voice, "Hey, girl. Are you coming to the big game tonight? I'll be playing."

I fanned my face with wide, sparkly eyes. "Obvi, Nick. I can't wait to watch you be the, like, best bench warmer evarr." I batted my eyes. He leaned against the doorframe with a playful smile. "That's right. You're gonna see me carry the game with my..." he flexed, and I have to admit he looked good. "...super awesome benchwarming skills."

"Oh Nick, you're gonna get that bench, like, sooo hot." Casey chimed in in a broken accent that sounded like Britney Spears lost her voice. Nick looked into my eyes. "It'll be hard to get the bench just as hot as you, baby girl."

Okay, wow. Bit aside, that was awesome.

I pretended to faint and Scarlett pulled a bottle of lip gloss out of her purse and put it on me. "Like, wake up, bestieeee! Oh my gar, Nick, what did you do?"

"She'll have to wake up with true love's kiss, now!" Casey giggled. "Oh, whoever will do this honor of kissing the hottest girl in school?"

My eyes shot open. "Why thank you." Nick was bright red and sitting near me, closer than I expected him to be. "What's the matter, missed your chance to kiss me?" I sneered.

Nick attempted to flip his hair. "No, you missed your chance to get kissed by me."

"Oh my gar, shut up!" Casey punched him lightly in the arm. Her voice was more convincing now but she still burst out laughing immediately after.

"Oh, if I only, like, had the chance to be kissed by a hot jock!" Scar smacked her lips with fresh lip gloss on it. "How could you, like, reject that?"

Nick pretended to scoff. "Yeah, how could you reject me, baby?"

I pouted and nudged him away from me. "Oh my gar, like, I'm not your baby."

Casey and Scarlett gasped in unison. Casey put on headphones and picked up some dark sunglasses. "I'm going to go get some eyeliner. You've made me emo."

I laughed and checked my phone. "Crap, it's already 9pm."

Casey's eyes lit up. "I have extra sleeping bags. You're staying here!"

"Girls night!" Scar flashed her stunning smile and pushed Nick out of the way. "Sorry, but you've gotta go."

We ran to the closet. Casey pulled out a sleeping bag and kept searching. "I think we're going to have to call this off, I forgot that my little bro took this for his sleepover."

"How many brothers do you have?" Scar asked with wide eyes. At the answer of "4" she gawked. The 9 years I've spent being her best friend have told me that when she's excited, she's excited about everything.

"I personally will sleep on the couch," I proclaimed. "No," Casey said firmly with a sassy edge in your voice. "We are going to gossip & giggle™ upstairs and you have to be with us. It's very important."

"She can sleep in my room," Nick stepped into the room. "I don't mind."

"Nick, don't be a weirdo," Casey snapped at him as he turned red as a beetroot. "No, no, I didn't mean it like that! I meant that she could sleep in my bed and I could sleep downstairs."

"Oh, okay, if you're sure, I'm fine with that." I said softly. He smirked. "Only if I get to be part of girls night."

._.

The 4 of us trotted up the stairs and across a bridge connecting the two halves of the upstairs. I plugged in my phone and scrolled through shorts as Casey went to get some dairy-free ice cream from the freezer.

Nick returned from his bedroom wearing a puffy purple wig. Scar immediately giggled and welcomed him to girls night.

"Hey Livvy!" Casey called from the kitchen. As I made my way downstairs, she whispered to me, "We have to find that journal."

907 words

A/N thank you for reading! I love seeing all of your comments

my first fans are happyshipper11 and _i_am_a_star_

thank you 4 reading!!! ilysm and ty for putting up with my bad writing <3

-jaz